To have a very successful marriage takes work, compromise and being mindful. Successful marriages aren’t just about finding the right mate, but also being the right mate. Being the right mate involves living mindfully. It about being conscious about what’s happening in your marriage and taking charge of your own marital happiness.
Health Fitness Revolution brings you 10 Life Tips for Marriage:
- Plan time with your spouse: At least once a week, go on a date and reconnect, especially if you have kids. There are some rules- No TV. No phones. No books. Just each other.
- Be Healthy Together: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle together builds a bond and promotes a long life together. Nothing says “I love you” more than showing your partner that you want a long life together by being healthy and avoiding illness. Exercise together, cook healthy meals together, try an active hobby together. Not only will you build your team-work mentality, but you will also learn how to push each other in a positive way and keep each other accountable at being healthy.
- Continually learn about each other: Even if you’ve been married for years, there are still things you don’t know about your spouse, take the time to ask questions. Take the time to find out his or her thoughts, feelings, memories, and future goals.
- Be polite: Respecting and feeling respected are a large part of a successful marriage. Be courteous to your spouse- when addressing him or her, use phrases such as “please,” “thank you,” “would you mind if I….,” and so forth. It will make your spouse feel appreciated and respected.
- Share enjoyable activities together: this promotes bonding and strengthening your relationship, which gives you the ability to endure the hard times that come with every marriage. Do fun things with your spouse- Exercise together, take leisurely walks, or share a pursuit that’s fun to both of you.
- Learn a new hobby together: How about learning golf? A new language? Getting certified in scuba diving together? When a couple learns together, they grow together.
- Share a genuine compliment: This must be genuine! Take time often to actively look for the good in your spouse and tell them! Does your spouse look stunning? Did they do something great at work? Tell them!
- Do your partner’s favorite thing: This shows them that you care with your actions. It also means connecting directly with something that he or she values.
- Plan for the future Together: When you first got married, all you did was dream about and plan for the future. Well that should never stop! Once a week talk about career, family, and life goals- that way you can both map out a life vision that includes each others aspirations.
- Greet your partner happily: If you greet your mate with a smile every time you see them, it will make them feel appreciated and loved. It’s truly a small investment that goes a long way.
- Respect your Spouse’s privacy: Everyone deserves their privacy- it’s a fundamental aspect of respect. Don’t go through your partner’s things out of curiosity or in an effort to make them look neater.