We all go through stressful, difficult, and unfulfilling times in life sometimes. But part of being healthy is maintaining a balanced psyche and realizing that you attitude directly affects your mind. Numerous studies over recent years have shown that optimistic thinking leads to a positive attitude and that people with positive attitudes live longer happier healthier lives!
The good news is, being positive is a choice! Here are 10 Reasons to Stay Positive:
- Feel Better: When you’re positive, you’ll feel better about life in general. It’s impossible to feel positive and negative at the same time – and positivity is contagious- so the more positive you are, the more positive feelings will come. You’ll feel more peaceful, happier and calm.
- Harmonious relationships: When you chose positive attitude, you will start to notice a lot of positive qualities in people and ignore their defaults. By being conscious of this, you will start to create more meaningful friendships and great relationships. This type of attitude will create a very good and positive atmosphere around you which will attract people to you.
- Better Coping Skills: Hard times will inevitably come, there is no way around them. When you’re a positive person it will be easier to handle these situations and move past them. A bad attitude never helps ANY situation…
- More Energy: When you have less stress and worries in your life, you have extra energy to do the things you love- such as be active and fit! Sometimes our mind is the reason for our fatigue. Stressing and not being able to see the brighter side of life drains our energy. We feel tired, moody, and less interested in the things we love so much. Energize yourself by simply changing the way you think!
- Great First Impression: If you make a positive thinking your priority, you will always make a great first impression. People, in general, are attracted to kind and friendly personalities. We all know that making a good first impression can have a big impact on the development of your future relationships- both personal and professional.
- Better Health: Taking care of our thoughts is taking care of our health! Positive thinking is very beneficial for your health. Even several scientific studies have shown that people with a good, positive “vibe” are less likely to suffer from depression and they get ill more rarely than the negative thinkers. Positive thinkers are often less stressed (Stress Kills article), have lower blood pressure, and are often more active. Just change your thoughts and you will change your life.
- Motivation Boost: Positive attitude will boost your motivation and you will start to achieve your goals quicker and easier. To have strong motivation is the same as to spread your wings and reach your potential!
- More Courage: Fear stems from negative thoughts. Being a positive thinker eliminates fear. Courage comes from the fact that you stay positive you will know that whatever happens in your life, you can deal with it- that you are strong and resilient.
- Healthy Self-Esteem: To be positive is to know and truly believe that you are a valuable person and have something to offer. Trust in yourself and your decisions.
- Fulfilling Life: A positive state of mind creates positive emotions. Positive emotions creates a positive lifestyle. What would you rather have? Being happy all the time or feeling angry constantly?Ask yourself that question and from today on, make the decision to use positive thinking in your life everyday to enjoy these benefits and more!
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!