Breakfast is undoubtedly the most important meal of the day. To read our article on why you should never skip a healthy breakfast, click here. The only problem with healthy breakfast recipes is that they can get boring (egg whites, again?!) and it is often rushed before work and school. We love oatmeal in the morning and even wrote about it’s health benefits here, which is why one of the recipes is for Healthy Overnight Oats. The second recipe we will share is quinoa based, we wrote about 10 reasons quinoa is great here.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 c milk (cow or nut milk)
- 1/3 c Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c berries
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
Let sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with some nuts or nut butter and enjoy- No cooking required!
Breakfast Berry Quinoa
- 1/4 cup quinoa, dry & rinsed
- 1/2 cup milk (cow or nut milk)
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- dash cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Possible toppings: nuts, nut butter, fruit, agave, honey, etc.
1. Combine the quinoa, milk, berries, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Add toppings and serve warm.
4. A larger batch can be prepared for the week if desired.