Flu season is upon us and getting the flu is definitely not fun. Here are some foods that can help prevent you from getting the flu this season:
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are full of zinc! Zinc helps white blood cells fight off illnesses.
- Tuna: Tuna is rich in selenium. It’s delicious and the selenium in the tuna helps protect cells from free-radicals in your body that could do damage.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms can help the body fight infections because they are packed with beta glucans.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are good alternatives to regular, starchy, white potatoes. They’re rich in vitamin A which helps prevent free radicals from weakening our immune system. Plus there’s plenty of ways to incorporate sweet potatoes in meals this fall season!
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of antioxidant benefits and makes the perfect warm drink to warm up our bodies when it gets to colder weather. Read our article about the benefits here.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is great for you digestive tract. It contains plenty of probiotic that will help our body maintain a healthy and strong immune system. Greek Yogurt is particularly healthy.