The goal of Ultimate Frisbee is to work your way down the field by passing a frisbee disc back and forth to teammates—while avoiding opposing players—until you score into the other team’s end zone. With no referees, the best part of this sport is its spirit: sportsmanship and the expectation of fair play. Teams usually consist of 7 players, but can be played with less or more people.
Health Fitness Revolution loves the Ultimate Frisbee because it is a phenomenal way to get in shape while being socially interactive. Here are some more ways that Ultimate Frisbee can keep you in shape:
- Increased sprinting and endurance running, both on offense of defense. There are definite elements of “High Intensity Interval Training”.
- Interval Training burns more calories, increase resting metabolic rate, and increases tolerance to the “burn”.
- Increased Agility from the quick turns, pivots, throws and jumps.
- Full Body Workout whether you’re squatting or jumping to catch a disc. You work your legs and hips, when throwing a disc. Lots of leg work, but your arms can feel it too, especially if you play a handler role in offense.
- Boosts Mood! Healthy injection of endorphins and other happy hormones- any form of exercise can promote this, however the best scenarios is when you exercise for longer then 30 minutes, at a moderate to intense pace.
- Social Interaction. Ultimate frisbee makes you part of a community and teaches you to work as a team. We think that even corporations would benefit from having employees team-building activities be a game of frisbee- health and cooperation!
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!