If you are looking for a fast way to burn fat, play racquetball for a fantastic fitness routine. Once the darling of the health club set, this demanding yet easy-to-learn sport is just the thing to get you off the treadmill.
Along with the calorie-burning benefits, playing racquetball has proven to be a total body toner that enhances flexibility. Whether you’re an accomplished athlete, an aerobics-class regular or just starting a fitness regime, here are Health Fitness Revolution‘s reasons as to why you should play racquetball:
- Strengthen Muscles and Bones: racquetball makes your bones and muscles stronger, while slowing bone loss because it is a weight-bearing sport. Because you use all your major muscle groups during a game, it helps both develop and maintain muscle tone throughout your body.
- Cardiovascular: Because you’re in constant motion, racquetball benefits your most important muscle — your heart. One hour of play is equivalent to running 2 miles. Your heart rate increases and maintains at 70 to 80 percent of its maximum.
- Improve Balance: Much of the game is sprinting short distances and diving for the ball, which will strengthen your core and improve your balance. All it takes is falling over a few times and your body will adjust!
- Improve Coordination: Because the game is so fast-paced, your hand-eye coordination will increase over time.
- Improve Flexibility: You use a wide range of motion in racquetball, forcing your body to stretch, in turn increasing your flexibility.
- Reduce Stress Levels: Any physical activity can reduce stress by increasing your endorphins, but racquetball can especially erase your worries. When you’re caught up in the intense back-and-forth of racquetball, you’re not thinking about the day’s problems or tomorrow’s to-do list. Shedding the day’s tensions can lead to daily improvements in energy and optimism in all that you do!
- Good for Overall Health: As with all forms of physical exercise, racquetball can reduce or eliminate your risk for many health problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. Racquetball can also reduce your risk for coronary heart disease by reducing your triglyceride levels and increasing your “good” cholesterol.
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!