Now in its third year, the Lakewood Health and Fitness Program is expanding! Health Fitness Revolution founder Samir Becic is the Director of the program and we are excited that health and fitness is continuing to grow and spread in the largest church in America!
Starting this week, Lakewood Church is increasing their amount of health and fitness classes from 1 to 5 weekly.
Classes will be as follows:
- 10:00-10:45am “Healthy U Class” on an 8-week rotation of different instructors each week. The instructors will be Dr. Derek de la Pena, Rudy Morales, Terry Williams, Kimberly Fuller, Meg McCall, Shannon Kelly, and Samir Becic
- 7:00-7:45pm “Total Transformation” with a focus on nutrition Instructor Meg McCall
- 7:45-8:30 Resistance Training with Dr. Neal Robinson
- 7:00-7:45pm Fitness Boot camp with Director’s Assistant Shannon Kelly
- 7:45pm – 8:30 Zumba with Janet
With these 5 classes and the growing Health & Fitness Challenge in January, Lakewood Church is expanding tremendously in the health and fitness arena to better serve their congregation. Men’s Ministry Director, Pastor John Bowman and Pastor Steve Austin are doing a great job of continuing to support the 4th annual Health & Fitness Challenge 2015 and the health and fitness classes. Lakewood Church is inviting the Houston public to join any and all health and fitness classes regardless of church affiliation!
Joel Osteen and Victoria Osteen, Pastors of Lakewood frequently post diet and fitness advice on their websites, and Joel encourages his congregation “to take care of your temple. Don’t put things in that you know shouldn’t be in. Limit the sugars. Limit the caffeine. Drink more water. Eat more fruits and vegetables and don’t live off of these packaged lunch meats,” Osteen advises. “Eat more organic when you can. More baked and less fried.” Osteen was named among our Top 10 Fittest Religious Leaders in America, Top 10 Fittest Christian Leaders in America and Lakewood Church was among our Top 20 Fittest Churches in America and Texas.
It is clear that health and fitness plays a fundamental role in spirituality. Please stay tuned for even more classes to be added soon!
Read more of our articles on Churches