Here’s some healthy food swaps to keep you on your healthy lifestyle path:
- Swap Cow’s Milk for Nut Milk: Nut milk not only tastes good, but is high in beneficial fats, high in calcium, easier to digest, and better for promoting weight loss.
- Swap Chocolate for Raw Cacao: In it’s pure form, it’s a super food! Mix raw cacao with some warm nut milk for a healthy alternative to your chocolate craving.
- Swap Soft Drink for Coconut Water: Coconut water is a much healthier choice! It is naturally hydrating, full of electrolytes, it’s high in potassium, and alkalizing in the body.
- Swap Canola Oil for Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has a high smoke point, so it won’t turn rancid at high temperatures, even higher than that of olive oil. It is also packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids!
- Swap White Pasta for Quinoa, Mung Bean Pasta, Black Bean Pasta, or Brown Rice Pasta: White pasta has been stripped of its nutrients. It is also easier for your body to process and digest the latter options.
- Swap White Rice for Brown Rice: As with white pasta, white rice has been stripped of its nutrients, leaving nothing but white carbs that turn into sugar as soon as it enters your body. Brown rice is full of the things your body needs.
- Swap White Bread for Rye Bread: As mentioned about, white anything has no nutritional value. Choose a whole grain like rye, spelt, or oat.
- Swap White Sugar for Natural Sweeteners: Choose from raw natural honey, stevia, xylitol, agave nectar, coconut nectar, dates, and yacon syrup.