Who doesn’t love a sprinkling of cinnamon on a warm apple or atop a chai latte? It’s just one of those spices that tastes fantastic. But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon. Here are 10 cinnamon health benefits:
- It regulates blood sugar it’s a great choice for diabetics
and hypoglycemics alike. It is also great for anyone who wants stable energy levels and moods.
- It reduces LDL cholesterol levels. LDL is also known as the harmful cholesterol. Reducing it may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It has natural anti-infectious compounds. In studies, cinnamon has been effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens.
- It reduces pain linked to arthritis. In studies, cinnamon has been shown to reduce cytokines linked to arthritic pain.
- Research done at the University of Texas shows that cinnamon may reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, holding promise for cancer prevention and sufferers of the disease.
- Cinnamon is a natural food preservative.
- Cinnamon contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese.
- Cinnamon been proven effective for menstrual pain.
- Cinnamon has been shown to aid with infertility. Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
- Cinnamon is an antiviral antifungal, and antibacterial machine, so it does more than just boost the immune system — it actually fights the pathogens that cause illness.