This New England classic is great for a cool day in a cozy kitchen. Even if you aren’t on the East coast you can enjoy a bowl of healthy lobster bisque soup.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 4 cups lobster Stock
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup skim milk and 1 Tbsp cornstarch (instead of 1 cup Heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup Dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lbs Raw lobster Meat, chopped
- Chives, minced
- Place the 2 tsp butter, onion and carrot in a sauté pan on medium high heat and sauté until soft. Reserve.
- In a soup or stock pot on medium high heat add the 4 tsp of Butter and begin to melt. Add the flour and whisk to form a roux.
- Turn heat down to medium and continue to whisk until roux become light brown (about 3 to 5 minute).
- Slowly add the hot lobster stock to the roux mixture whisking constantly to insure that the mixture remain smooth add the sautéed vegetable mixture and allow mixture to simmer covered for about 1/2 hour.
- Add the skim milk and cornstarch, Sherry, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and lobster meat and simmer an additional 6 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh minced chives if desired!