The physical and mental health benefits of exercise have been profoundly proven- by countless researchers since the dawn of the Victorian Era. Our more recent and advanced research methodologies only confirm the undeniable benefits of exercise. Physical activity is considered the most effective and cheapest health remedy to date. There is irrefutable evidence proving that regular exercise promotes a range of health benefits- from elongating a healthy lifespan, to fighting and preventing chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and hypertension.
It is with great contempt that we share with you the following statements made by our current President, Donald Trump- concerning exercise. President Trump has openly refuted the positive health benefits of exercise. But instead of chastising his invalid statements, HFR founder; Samir Becic is here to educate both President Trump and the world, about the positive health benefits of physical fitness.
Health and fitness expert, Samir Becic states: I am not a politician, nor a billionaire real estate mogul- but when it comes to health and fitness, this is my area of expertise, and you Mr. President are incorrect. First and foremost, I hope that Mr. Trump was misquoted, but in the case that he’s not, I will refute his comments with scientifically proven facts.
- In a jaw-dropping New Yorker article published May 8th, 2017, Evan Osnos wrote:
- “Other than golf, he [President Trump] considers exercise misguided, arguing that a person, like a battery, is born with a finite amount of energy.”
- Scientific research has proven several times over that while you exercise, you are increasing the amount of energy you can expend.
- Let’s take recreational joggers for example: the more they train, the further they can push themselves.
- And after 3 months of training, they will double and triple their energy.
- Each time they workout, they will have a faster recovery time, more vitality, and more endurance.
- According to an article published by Clinical Sports Med., “the typical runner tends to have a slow resting pulse rate and a high maximal oxygen consumption.”
- So my question to you, Mr. President is, have you ever seen a marathon runner huffing and puffing?
- ‘‘All my friends who work out all the time, they’re going for knee replacements, hip replacements — they’re a disaster.’’
- Donald Trump believes that standing on a podium is all the physical exertion he needs, stating: “That’s exercise.” –Source: The New Yorker
- A vast amount of people who need hip replacements are people suffering from obesity and are inactive.
- In a journal article published by International Orthopaedics, researchers concluded that “obesity was significantly associated” with joint replacement surgeries.
- The real culprit in hip replacement surgery is NOT physical activity, it’s physical laziness.
- Exercise promotes the elasticity of muscles- which can actually help prevent joint and muscle related injuries.
President Trump: [To his Casino Executive, John O’Donnell- referring to his Ironman triathlon training]
- “You are going to die young because of this.” –Source: Independent Magazine: quoting Trump Revealed by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher
- Exercise is considered the most effective and cheapest psychoactive drug to date.
- In a 2012 article authored by researchers from UCLA, it was proven that physical activity can act as a primary prevention against up to 35 chronic diseases:
- Diseases include: metabolic syndrome, obesity, insulin resistance, constipation, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, hypertension, stroke… the list goes on.
- Considering that the leading causes of death in the U.S. include heart disease and stroke, exercise can only help by lowering these awful statistics.
- P.S. I do not recommend for anyone to attempt a triathlon without proper training and medical examination. Especially if they have never done one before and they are over the age of 40.