Here are some important health reasons why you should quit drinking soda.
- Builds Up Fat Around Your Organs: Soda builds up unhealthy fat in your body that is hidden and you won’t even notice- because it’s around your vital organs.
- Switching to Diet Soda Won’t Help you: Instead of drinking regular soda, you still switch to drinking diet soda. Sorry to break it to you, but that won’t help you at all. In a study conducted by the University of Texas Health Science Center, they found that over a 10 year period, those who drank diet soda saw a 70 percent increase in their waist line compared to those who didn’t drink any soda.
- Some Contain Toxic Flame Retardants: Some sodas contain brominated vegetable oil (BVO), which was originally used to make plastic flame-retardant but BVO also has also been used to keep the flavor in the fizzy beverages from separating from the drink. BVO can be found in citrus flavor sodas but also sodas like Dr. Pepper, Seven up, and Sun Drop. Why would you want something that is a Toxic Flame Retardant in your body?
- It’s polluting our water: Since our body is not meant to breakdown artificial sweeteners, the sugar and all the bad stuff from the soda travel through our waterways in the body. This makes dehydrated and pollutes nature.
- Makes you age faster: Soda is not just harming our bodies by making us become dehydrated, but it’s also harming our bodies by lowering your bone density, eroding our teeth, and causing kidney problems. Soda can take a toll on your body- especially when you drink one a day! It can cause you to have major health problems and expand your waist line.
To read the full article, please visit Huffington Post