We are very proud and honored to have Chef Jovi Beiz contribute healthy recipes to Health Fitness Revolution magazine as a contributing author. Chef Jovi Beiz is an acclaimed executive chef, and we consider ourselves very lucky to have some of his great, healthy recipes to share with all of you- enjoy his first one: Salmon Siciliano!
- 2 pounds of ripe pulmonary tomatoes, stem ends trimmed,cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium onion , peeled and cut thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon extra- virgin oil
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper,to taste
- 1 1/4 pound fresh Salmon filet ,Skin removed,cut into 4 portions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine tomatoes, onion, orange zest and Garlic in a large roasting pan or on a large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Roast , uncovered , stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes and onion are tender and beginning to brown on the edges, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from the oven. Increase oven temp to 450.
- Add olives and rosemary to the pan season salt and pepper. Clear four space in the pan and place a Salmon piece in each. Spoon some of the tomato on the top.
- Roast until the Salmon is opaque in the center, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness.