My fitness analysis is based on an 11 point criteria + 4 undisclosed ones including strength, strength endurance, body composition, cardio, flexibility, stamina, speed, agility, coordination, power, and balance. Many sports teams underestimate the tremendous importance of physical fitness and are using outdated training methodology.
As promised, here is my analysis of the teams before their matches in order to see if I can correctly predict the fittest team. Again, I do not follow football/soccer regularly nor am I an expert.
An average football/soccer player runs, on average, 7-9 miles a game. An average referee runs as much as 12 miles per game. Just being able to do this is not enough!
- France vs. Belgium: 52%-48% advantage France. Both teams are extremely fit and it’s really hard to distinguish, in certain fitness categories, who is fitter. Based on the 15 point criteria, here are the fitness advantages by country:
- France- cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, speed, agility, balance
- Belgium- muscular strength, muscular endurance, body composition, power, and stamina
- England vs. Croatia: 52%-48% advantage England. Both teams could not be more opposite in their fitness advantages. Yet, they are displaying excellent fitness.
- England- muscular strength, muscular endurance, body composition (definitely the most athletically muscular team in the world cup), power, stamina
- Croatia- flexibility, agility, speed