Sneezing is very important in maintaining good healthy, it plays a key part in our immune processes because it protects our bodies from various antibodies and infections. Health Fitness Revolution bring your some sneeze facts that might enlighten you to this natural phenomenon:
- Sneezing keeps our bodies safe: Sneezes protect our bodies by clearing the nose of bacteria and viruses. When something enters our noses, a trigger is sent to the “sneeze center” in our brains that immediately signals our reflexes to tightly close our eyes, throat, and mouth. Next, the chest muscles vigorously contract, and then the throat muscles quickly relax. For the finale, air, along with saliva and mucus, is forced out of your mouth and nose.
- Sneezes are fast: They reach a speed of 100 mph and expel around 100,000 germs into the air.
- You don’t sneeze when you sleep: When you doze off, so do the sleeping nerves that control the reflexes.
- Light may make you sneeze: One in three people is born with a hereditary gene that causes them to sneeze when exposed to bright light, it’s natural and nothing to be worried about.
- Ancient people knew the benefit of sneezing: they used to sneeze deliberately using grass or feathers or irritants subjects to alert the lining of the nose to cause sneezing.
- Do not suppress sneezes: a sneeze is so powerful that suppressing it can rupture eardrums, cause nose-bleeds, or damage blood vessels.
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!