Health Fitness Revolution always promotes being active, whatever your preference. However, we understand that variety and options are the best way to keep from getting bored, biking is a great way to break up the monotony of running/jogging while still getting a workout outdoors.
Not only can biking be fun, but it is attributed with many health benefits:
- Good for your Muscles and Joints: Cycling is great for toning your body, especially the lower half- your calves, thighs, and glutes. Also, because it is low-impact, those with joint issues can cycle without risk of further injury.
- Good for your Heart: Cycling ramps up your cardiovascular endurance which is proven to curb cardiovascular disease. Cardiovascular activity circulates oxygenated blood throughout your body, which is good for your muscles, your skin, your health.
- Good for your Mental Health: Cycling, like other forms of exercise, aids in curbing depression and stabilizing your mood because of the release endorphins and dopamine.
- Good for Coordination: Steering with both hands while moving both feet around in circles with your body’s own weight is good practice for your coordination skills.
- Boost your Immune System: Being active boosts your immune system and can protect you from certain types of cancer.
So Ride On!