Migraines are the worst. They can slow down your day and just slow everything to a halt sometimes. And sometimes no matter what we do, they just seem to take forever to go away. Here are some tips to help prevent migraines from happening and from ruining the rest of your days:
- Make sure to carry healthy snacks for in between meals. We tend to wait too long between meals and during that time our blood sugar levels drop, which can trigger a migraine.
- Stay Hydrated! Make sure to drink plenty of water as dehydration can cause migraines. Read our article on drinking more water here.
- Consider a supplement. Some researcher suggest that supplementing your diet with certain vitamins like vitamin B2 and Magnesium may help prevent migraines.
- Keep up your Cardio. In a Swedish study, migraines sufferers who cycled indoor three times a week had less migraines of less severe pain after 3 months. It doesn’t matter what type of cardio you do, just make sure you get up and get your heart pumping!
- Be a bit boring. Don’t feel like you have to do everything and anything you get invited to do. Stress can lead to migraines but coming down from a frenzy can trigger a migraine.
- Take a day to relax and just enjoy doing nothing. With today’s hectic lifestyle it’s important to take a day to relax. Take a break from everything and don’t worry about what needs to get done till the next day. Do things that you enjoy and worry about everything else later.
Read the full article on FoxNews