If you are an adventurous person looking to try something new or just someone who is looking for a sport to do recreationally with your friends then wake-boarding could be the sport for you! Wake-boarding is an extreme water sport that is great exercise and a great way to spend time with friends and/or family.
Here are Health Fitness Revolution’s Top 10 Benefits of Wake-boarding:
- Great workout: Wake-boarding requires a lot of grip strength holding onto the rope. It also requires a great deal of core strength when trying to perform airborne tricks. Wake-boarding can help tone the arms, legs, back and abs!
- Improved hand-eye coordination: Balance is key when trying to staying on the board so this sport will make your balance a whole lot better! You also have to focus on making sure you hold onto the rope at all times so your hand-eye coordination will improve.
- Social: Wake-boarding is an activity that almost anyone can do! So go out with your friends/family and start to tear it up!
- Clears the mind: There isn’t anything much better that being outdoors in nature. Its a great way to unwind and let yourself have some fun all while being active!
- Easy to learn: Wake-boarding is a fairly easy sport to learn, especially if you have surfing experience. But even if you do not, you can still learn this sport fairly quick. The hardest part is just standing on the board, but once you get that down you are good to go!
- Competitive: Competition is great for people. Even if you do not want to compete in competitions, you can still compete against your friends and family when ever you are on the water!
- Burns calories: Wake-boarding can burn up to 350 calories in an hour. And you will not even know you are working out because you are having so much fun!
- Fun for everyone: While wake-boarding may seem like a sport for the young, it is not uncommon to see elderly people taking lessons and making clubs.
- Strengthen the mind: Wake-boarding takes a great deal of concentration and for the participants to be always be aware and alert.
- Improved flexibility: Not only can wake-boarding make you stronger, but it can also make you more flexible. Your feet will get more flexible to be able to maneuver around while locked in the boots, and your body will become more flexible while performing basic gymnastic movement when doing tricks.