To be truly healthy, we always need to be conscious of the type of food we feed our bodies with. Sometimes, we all have those lingering questions of: is this good for my diet? Is this good for my health?
Well now we have your answers! Samir Becic and Health Fitness Revolution has made a useful list of the Top 10 Fat Burning Foods:
- Lean Meats: Protein has a high thermo genic effect- this means that out of what you eat, 30% of the calories you take in from your meal are burned during digestion.
- Green Tea: According to American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, drinking 4 cups of green tea a day had participants loose close to seven pounds, over an eight-week period, due to the EGCG compound found in green tea.
- Asparagus: Due to the plant chemical asparagine, an alkaloid that affects the cells and helps break down the fat, your body more easily removes its waste, which makes it a great fat burner.
- Beans: Also a great fat burner. Beans are high in protein and low in fat. Not only is this is a great choice for vegetarians, but because it is low on the GI scale, it is great for metabolizing and releasing fatty acids.
- Cage Free Eggs: Another great source of protein and low in calories. Eggs will give you the energy to help you loose fat.
- Fish: The best known source of fatty acids. Fish is high in DHA- Omega 3 fatty acid and in protein which helps build muscles while simultaneously helping burn fat.
- Hot Peppers: Capsaicin- a compound that gives peppers their heat, is great for melting down the extra fat your body has stored.
- Grapefruit: According to University of Western Ontario, grapefruit is great for burning excess fat rather than storing it. Grapefruit balances out blood sugar levels because of naringenin- a flavonoid in grapefruit and helps to prevent metabolic syndrome. According to University of California, participants were asked to drink a cup of grapefruit before each meal. Within three months, they had lost 3 to 10 pounds.
- Oatmeal Original (No Sugar): Rich in both insoluble and soluble fiber- this makes oatmeal a perfect candidate for burning fat and it’s very easy to prepare on-the-go!
- Garlic: A great fat burning component of garlic is a compound called Allicin. Allicin is known for helping the body flush unnecessary fat. So try your best to include garlic in your meals if you want that unnecessary fat gone.