The average woman gains around 40 pounds during her pregnancy, and these celebrity moms- although fabulous- are still human and subject to the same pregnancy ups and downs. Yes, they may have a team of trainers and nutritionists to help them bounce back after giving birth, but they still need to put in the work, sweat, and consistency. Let these fit celebrity moms serve as an inspiration and celebration of the woman’s body!
“Each of the talented and devoted women and mothers on our list made health and fitness a priority in their lives- year round, even while rehearsing for a big screen role. This is precisely why they deserve to be mentioned as ambassadors of healthy lifestyle”!-Samir Becic
To create the list, we used a combination of interviews, internet, library, industry literature, and HFR founder Samir Becic’s knowledge of over 33 years in athletics coupled with his recognition as “4x Number 1 Fitness Trainer in the World.” We have been emphasizing the connection between health and public figures since 2013, and we are pleased to rank these women who lead by example in making the world a healthier place.
Here are the Top 10 Fittest Celebrity moms in alphabetical order:
Jessica Alba, 35
- Phenomenal actress, chairwoman of The Honest Company, and mother of two; Jessica Alba, manages to stay in exceptional shape despite her busy life.
- Although Alba isn’t a fan of scheduling morning alarms for her workouts, she makes sure to fit them in.
- On a typical day, Alba alternates between indoor cycling and a hot yoga inspired workout called YogaSculpt.
- This smoking hot mama takes about 2-3 YogaSculpt classes a week, and if you scroll through her Instagram, you’ll find several snapshots of the hot mama in the studio.
- “WORKING OUT IS NOT MY FAVORITE,” she tells Well + Good, “BUT IT’S STRESS RELIEF AND I GET GOOD IDEAS WORKING UP A SWEAT. I LIKE TO MAKE A MORNING CLASS BEFORE I GET TO WORK: SPINNING OR HOT YOGA SCULPT, ALWAYS WITH FRIENDS TO KEEP ME MOTIVATED.”
Halle Berry, 50
- This record-breaking actress is noted as the first African-American woman to have won a Best Actress Academy Award
- Halle Berry goes hard both on film and in the gym.
- Her time-efficient fitness routine is famous for its simplicity and effectiveness.
- Since Berry is on a tight schedule while filming movie roles- she utilizes her half hour of free time to workout on set
- She does her best to fit in a full workout in that time- doing so 5 days a week.
- In that allotted time, Halle does five minutes of each: warm-up, upper-body strength training, lower-body moves, core-training exercises and fat-burning cardio work.
- When this gorgeous actress has more time on her hands, she enjoys trying different workout routines, such as kickboxing.
- Ever since Berry was diagnosed with diabetes back in 1989, she has followed a low-carb diet, packed with lean proteins and greens.
- “I DO NOT LOVE TO WORKOUT, BUT IF I STICK TO EXERCISING EVERYDAY AND PUT THE RIGHT THINGS IN MY MOUTH, THEN MY DIABETES JUST STAYS IN CHECK.”
Jessica Biel, 35
- This fit actress utilizes various workouts to keep up with her sexy body.
- Some of her favorite moves include walking lunges, sprinting, cardio workouts, and yoga.
- Just one glance at her post-baby bod and you will see that these simple, yet effective moves are definitely getting the job done.
- Her trainer also incorporates plyometrics, or “jumping training,” into her exercise routine.
- Plyometric workouts last for under and hour, but the intensity of these moves prove to be effective.
- Biel is also a fan of the good outdoors, spending plenty of time hiking and jogging with her dogs.
- But instead of treating these outdoor activities as physical exercise, she focuses on the mental health aspects of these experiences.
- “FOR ME, GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP, DRINKING LOTS OF WATER, HAVING A HEALTHY DIET, AND STAYING AWAY FROM ALCOHOL ARE MUSTS. IT’S SO BORING, I KNOW, BUT DOING THOSE THINGS REALLY HELPS.”
- She eats a lot of vegetables and grain proteins. She is a fan of fermented veggies and probiotics also, which she considers great for her skin and digestion.
Beyonce Knowles, 35
- Across the globe, Beyonce’s body is idolized and admired. Why you ask? Because she’s sexy and real!
- The multi-grammy award winner consistently keeps her mama-licious curves in check by eating a mostly plant-based diet and doing plenty of cardio.
- “THE TRUTH IS, IT’S A LOT OF SACRIFICE. IT’S MORE ABOUT YOUR MENTAL STRENGTH THAN PHYSICAL STRENGTH. YOU HAVE TO PUSH YOURSELF. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT TRAINER YOU HAVE. AND IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT PROGRAM YOU’RE ON. YOU HAVE TO BE HEALTHY AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES.”
- Beyonce and husband Jay-Z caused plenty of positive uproar after deciding to go vegan for 22 days.
- The Crazy in Love singer also promotes the benefits of breastfeeding. She breastfed daughter Blue Ivy and encourages all mothers to breastfeed for its plentiful health benefits.
- As far as her workout routine goes, she does plenty of interval training- such as alternating between a sprint and a jog.
- Beyonce also enjoys dancing regularly and gets plenty of exercise on stage at her upbeat concerts.
Blake Lively, 29
- “I’VE SAID BEFORE, ‘OH I HATE THE GYM, AND I EAT CHOCOLATE,’ BUT THE PART THAT THEY DON’T PRINT—THEY MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A JERK!—IS THAT I HATE THE GYM SO I FIND OTHER WAYS TO BE ACTIVE. I DANCE, I RIDE BICYCLES, I HIKE. I GO OUT AND EXERCISE IN NATURE. I FIND WAYS TO BE PHYSICAL WHERE YOU’RE ALSO HAVING AN EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I’M VERY EXPERIENCE-ORIENTED.”
- After having her baby, she eased back into fitness: “YOUR BODY GOES THROUGH A LOT AFTER PREGNANCY AND BIRTH, SO SMALL, GENTLE WORKOUTS FEEL BETTER,” the actress told You magazine
- She cooks at home: There can be a lot of hidden calories in those restaurant meals, so Blake likes to whip up healthier dishes at home. “I USE A LOT OF FRESH INGREDIENTS, WHICH REALLY DOES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. IT’S EASIER TO BE HEALTHY WHEN EATING THINGS THAT ARE FRESH, BECAUSE THEY ARE OFTEN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES,” she told Extra.
- She balances out her indulgences: Blake admits to loving things like hot fudge sundaes, so she also adds a juice to her day for a boost of nutrients and to balance out those indulgences. This kale, apple, beet, and lemon juice recipe is one of Blake’s favorites for “detoxifying” her body.
- With only two months to prep for the beachside shoot for her new movie, her trainer Don Saladino increased Lively’s workouts from once or twice a week to five or six times a week. “We would do an upper body workout Monday, lower body Tuesday. Wednesday was a playful pool workout where she would do laps,” he says. “Thursday was upper body, Friday lower body, and Saturday we were focusing on the accessory movers: the arms, the shoulders.”
- Lively started each session with foam rolling and “corrective work” to warm up before jumping into workouts of various intensities that could be adapted depending on how the actress was feeling.
- Don had her eating 4 small meals a day and consult with a nutritionist. In addition to using coconut oil in her diet, it was also mostly gluten free. The carbs —”her energy”—were sweet potatoes, gluten-free oatmeal, and white rice.
Jenna Dewan-Tatum, 36
- This fit mom was the October cover star of Womens Health, where she dished her diet and exercise secrets.
- She enjoys fitting in 45-min power workouts so she gets them done and has time to pick up her daughter Everly from school.
- Grew up dancing and even did it competitively.
- Eats a vegan diet.
- “I SWEAR BY A GREEN SMOOTHIE: SPINACH, KALE, LEMON, APPLE, BANANA, SOMETIMES PEAR, A LITTLE COD LIVER OIL, AND BLACK SESAME SEEDS BLENDED WITH WATER. “MY SKIN, MY HAIR, MY ENERGY—EVERYTHING IS BETTER.”
- Her trainer, Jennifer Johnson told Shape magazine: “I’ve been working with Jenna for almost three years. When she’s in town, we try to get in three to five sessions a week. At different times, she’s into different things. When she was pregnant, we did a ton of arms because she was mostly showing off her arms on the red carpet. Now, we start with a non-stop 30-minute dance warm-up. She knows a lot of routines from me, so I’ll call them out and she’ll start. It’s a ton of booty shaking! We mix in some drills too. Then we’ll change to some hip-hop music and move on to resistance bands. After that, we dig into some arms, mix in some kickboxing and punching, and move on to the ballet bar or mat. It’s a lot of combination moves and planking. Her body is beautiful, so she’s really just tuning to make everything as tight as it can be. She also understands her body and is in tune with it. I love teaching her because she’s so in sync with herself.”
Gwyneth Paltrow, 44
- Gwyneth doesn’t joke around when it comes to fitness and health!
- This phenomenal actress maintains a strict diet and workout routine- even at the age of 44.
- She exercises with Hollywood trainer Tracy Anderson- also admitting that the trainer completely changed her life.
- “STILL, WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING WITH TRACY, FINDING MOTIVATION WAS HARD. SHE ADVISED ME TO THINK OF EXERCISE AS AN AUTOMATIC ROUTINE, NO DIFFERENT FROM BRUSHING YOUR TEETH, TO AVOID GETTING DISTRACTED. NOW IT IS PART OF MY LIFE.”
- The slim actress fits in a workout five days a week at 10am, no matter what.
- A few years ago, Gwyneth experienced a small health scare- caused by stress, anemia, and a vitamin D deficiency, which led to her modifying her diet.
- She now follows a strict macrobiotic diet, and makes sure to detox regularly.
- This diet restricts the consumption of coffee, alcohol, sugar, eggs, wheat, meat and processed food.
- But Gwyneth allows herself occasional indulgences, such as a glass of red wine.
- “I OFTEN HAVE A GLASS OF RED WINE IN THE EVENING AND SMOKE A CIGARETTE ON A SATURDAY. I LOVE THOSE MOMENTS BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF NAUGHTY. THAT BALANCE KEEPS YOU VIBRANT. YOU HAVE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE, AFTER ALL,” SHE ADDED.
Kelly Ripa, 46
- This active talkshow host never goes an entire day without busting a sweat.
- “THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT DON’T HAVE TO WORK OUT, AND I AM HAPPY FOR THEM, BUT I HAVE TO WORK OUT FOR MY BODY TYPE… IT’S PART OF MY ROUTINE. IT’S PART OF MY RITUAL. IT DOESN’T JUST MAKE ME LOOK BETTER, BUT IT MAKES ME EMOTIONALLY FEEL BETTER.”
- The Live with Kelly host prevents plateauing or getting bored by constantly switching up her regimes.
- For cardio, she goes to dance cardio classes, SoulCycle classes, and jogs.
- The slim and sexy host sticks to a predominantly alkaline diet- but allows herself the occasional cup of coffee.
- “I LIKE TO DRINK COFFEE. I OCCASIONALLY WILL HAVE FISH. THE ALKALINE DIET IS PRIMARILY A VEGAN DIET, BUT I LIKE CREAM IN MY COFFEE. I LIKE TO HAVE A GLASS OF WINE. SO I DON’T ADHERE TO IT STRICTLY, BUT WHEN I DO A CLEANSE, IT WILL BE SEVEN DAYS, AND THEN I GO BACK TO MY NORMAL LIFE. BUT MY NORMAL LIKE IS NOT THAT DIFFERENT THAN THE ALKALINE CLEANSE.
Reese Witherspoon, 41
- The Big Little Lies actress is noted for spending as much time working out as she does on set!
- She keeps her post-baby bod banging by both changing up her fitness regime and staying away from fad diets.
- Witherspoon maintains a clean diet, even telling Us Weekly “I DON’T BELIEVE IN CRASH DIETING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.”
- She loves running and is often snapped by the paparazzi during her jogs around LA
- “I LIKE TO RUN FOR ABOUT AN HOUR, AND I’M BIG INTO WORKING OUT WITH GIRLFRIENDS. IT’S AN ACQUIRED SKILL, BEING ABLE TO DISCUSS YOUR LOVE LIFE, CHILDREN, AND FRIENDS — ALL WHILE YOU’RE RUNNING! BUT WE HAVE MASTERED IT,” she told Good Housekeeping.
- Reese even makes fitness a social activity by inviting her friends to yoga classes.
- This healthy snacker keeps her metabolism revved up with healthy juices, smoothies, or protein shakes.