They say age is just a number, and while that may be an overused cliche, it proves to be accurate as ever with these Hollywood ‘glam-mas.’ These graceful yet fierce celebrities prove that there is nothing stopping women from achieving and maintaining fit bodies- despite earth’s gravitational pull. These ageless beauties aren’t afraid to show the world what they’re working with, and just how hard they work to preserve it. Whether they’re single or married, there’s no doubt these ladies are fearless grandmothers and should be an inspiration to everyone!
“Each of the talented and devoted women and grandmas on our list made health and fitness a priority in their lives- year round, even while rehearsing for a big screen role. This is precisely why they deserve to be mentioned as ambassadors of healthy lifestyle”!-Samir Becic
To create the list, we used a combination of interviews, internet, library, industry literature, and HFR founder Samir Becic’s knowledge of over 33 years in athletics coupled with his recognition as “4x Number 1 Fitness Trainer in the World.” We have been emphasizing the connection between health and public figures since 2013, and we are pleased to rank these women who lead by example in making the world a healthier place.
In hopes that these talented and hot grandmas motivate you to conquer the body your heart desires, we have compiled a list of the very leanest grandma’s of Hollywood in alphabetical order:
Blythe Danner- 74
- The 74-year-old emmy award winner has changed her ‘naughty’ ways after being diagnosed with Osteoporosis.
- This weakening disease impacts one in two women over the age of 50.
- Danner first suspected she may have Osteoporosis after injuring her foot a few years ago:
- “It made me realize that I should certainly do everything I can to strengthen my bones.”
- The award-winning mother of Gwyneth Paltrow admitted to being a little on the ‘naughty’ side in terms of her health- pre diagnosis.
- “I feel very naughty but I tend to be careless sometimes,” she says. “But osteoporosis is a silent disease and women often don’t know about it until they have a broken bone.”
- Danner finds it important to promote healthy living to women of her age, due to this disease.
- Blythe speaks on the importance of resistance exercise for Osteoporosis sufferers, exclaiming:
- “You can swim and do all of these other things, but you need to really hit the floor and get impact,” Danner explains. “That’s what really strengthens the bones.”
- She’s even discovered unique ways to strengthen her bones and muscles.
- “If I’m out shopping, I’ll always carry one of the recyclable bags,” Danner says, adding that she never uses plastic (“that’s such a no-no”). “I’ll put half my groceries in that and half in my purse, so I kind of balance it out, and that’s how I get my weight-bearing walking wherever I am.”
Jane Fonda- 79
- This health and fitness guru has tackled physical fitness and motivates the world to do the same with her fitness videos.
- Despite reaching the tender age of 79, Fonda still manages to exercise regularly.
- This sizzling hot grandmother has recently toned down her intense fitness regime.
- She has replaces running with walking, downhill skiing with cross-country skiing, and has given up horseback riding.
- Jane also partakes in regular Pilates.
- This fitness expert maintains a well-balanced diet- consisting of whole-grains, lean protein and a very light dinner.
- “I stay motivated because it makes me feel good. I know how I’m going to feel afterwards, and that’s what gets me to do it even if I don’t feel like it.”
Goldie Hawn- 71
- Kate Hudson isn’t the only one here!
- This fit and fierce grandmother of Hollywood believes in keeping things green and healthy in all aspects of her life.
- “I don’t eat a lot. I think we overeat,” Hawn, 71, stated about her food habits. “I drink my green juice every day!”
- This slim and stunning grandmother likes to keep her meals on the lighter side.
- Most of her meals consist of juices! Goldie reportedly drinks veggie-based drinks multiple times a day.
- “I do a lot of juicing, I don’t put a lot of food in my stomach and I don’t mix my foods too much. So if I want to have like protein I’ll just eat a bowl of lentils, I won’t mix it with a bunch of stuff.”
- She’s just as disciplined with food as she is exercise.
- “I try to stay positive and be very very active. I walk every day and I run and do all kinds of that.”
Kris Jenner- 61
- This iconic mom-manager stays in shape by waking up bright and early to exercise.
- “I try to work out as much as possible and eat right,’ she told Heat magazine. “I get up about 4.30am and workout. I’m a foodie so I love to eat, so it’s a problem.”
- The Kardashian star maintains her smoking hot bikini body with regular Pilates.
- She also enjoys spinning, and has even taken to Instagram to share photos of her spin class. “Who’s with me?? #getmotivated,’ Kris exclaimed in the caption.
- The elite businesswoman enjoys cooking well-balanced meals- with plenty of lean protein.
- This grandmother of 6 doesn’t let age or gravity stop her from achieving her body goals.
Tamra Judge- 49
- The Real Housewives of Orange County star, Tamra Judge, utilized her spotlight on reality TV to promote fitness- even opening her own gym.
- Harsh reality TV critics inspired Tamra to hop on the fitness wave and push her body to its full potential.
- Tamra admits to doing everything from bicep curls, to sprints and pull-ups.
- Her regime begins at 4:30am, in which she does some low intensity cardio, followed by strength training.
- After 5 months of avid training- Tamra entered and won a fitness competition!
- “To me, it was never about getting on stage and winning,” Judge, 48, tells PEOPLE. “It was more about setting a goal for myself and completing it. That’s what I did. That was the rewarding part.”
- The RHOC star begins her day with a bowl of cream of rice, “I usually add some veggies but I’m too lazy to cut them up today,” she posted on her Facebook.
- Tamra enjoys healthy snacking between meals, such as multicolored peppers and hummus.
- For dinner, the hot mama enjoys some lean grilled protein with veggies (no rice).
Diane Keaton- 71
- The 71-year-old icon believes in the promotion of healthy aging!
- “Bottom line: I think healthy aging is something you take on with a modicum of grace[…] I’m at an age where the real goal is to be the best person you can be. That’s something that starts in your brain. It’s the real challenge of life.”
- As far as her diet is concerned, Keaton is a practicing vegetarian.
- “I’m a vegetarian now. I don’t eat meat or fish. I eat eggs and cheese,” she states. “And I do watch what I eat.”
- Keaton also makes sure to exercise each and everyday.
- “I walk. I get on the treadmill,” she says. “And I’ll walk really fast to break a sweat. One thing is for sure – I don’t run. It’s too hard. But the fast walking does give me a lot of energy to face the day.”
- This graceful and elegant grandmother also takes spin classes with her daughter, Annie Hall.
- “It’s rough. But at least I’m there. I’m sweating. I think the key here is that you don’t have to be like everybody else. Just do it. Do it the best you can do it.”
Susan Sarandon- 70
- Sarandon has a few secrets to her agile and graceful aging.
- “you don’t smoke cigarettes and probably laugh a lot, and get the normal amount of exercise, and eat well and stay out of the sun would be the main things.”
- Even at 70, this award-winning actress stays fit with fun and upbeat physical activities- her favorite being ping-pong
- Lover of physical fitness, she exclaimed “It helps to live in New York because I walk everywhere. I ride my bike down the West Side Highway, and I get 30 minutes on the treadmill”
- Recently took up boxing “Someone gave me lessons as a gift, then I continued, and I like it,” the actress says. “I like the gym. It’s really fun with all the boxers, and it’s fun to hit – it’s a workout!”
- Her advice to young women to feeling beautiful: “Girls, enjoy it [life]! Get off your diets and stop complaining about your thighs because you have some roaming anxiety. Just enjoy the fact that you’re so naturally beautiful. So much of it has to do with attitude.”
Suzanne Somers – 70
- The 70-year-old actress turned author has a renewed sense of living thanks to her organic diet and strict exercise plan confessing, ‘I’m going to live to be 110 years old!’
- She remains cancer-free after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001.
- ‘I thought I had taken care of myself. I never thought this would happen to me,’ she shared. ‘The irony is that I was in great shape at the time. Physically, I was in top form.’ Although she admits she never viewed her diet as part of her health and often ate junk food.
- After her surgery, she was very vocal in her decision to forego chemotherapy and decision to use alternative treatments for her recovery plan.
- On refusing chemo she said: ‘It has been a failure for so many. I was not going to take [it] and poison my body. For me, it was the best choice I could have made.’
- Instead, she used Iscador, a modern method of using mistletoe to increase the strength of the immune system. ‘Over the 10 years i injected it daily, I never had a cold or flu or even a day where I didn’t feel up to par,’ she said. ‘I realized how important it was to work at a healthy immune system.’
- Suzanne also switched to an overall healthier lifestyle in her bid to beat the disease. ‘I started growing my own organic vegetables… and started a routine of generally going to bed at 9.30 to 10 o’clock every night and sleeping until 7 am. I take perfect care of my machine.’
- Her fitness routine is also scheduled out: ‘I do yoga three times a week and I walk for a half hour every day.’In between, I get on the elliptical and my triple thigh trainer – I really do use the Thighmaster! – and do about 20 minutes on each of those. I also walk up and down the stairs a lot.’
Meryl Streep- 67
- With over 30 awards and nominations, it’s no surprise this elegant actress has conquered a healthy lifestyle!
- This phenomenal actress has welcomed the process of aging with broad arms, admitting that “You have to embrace getting older.”
- “For young women, I would say don’t worry so much about your weight. Girls spend way too much time thinking about that, and there are better things. For young men, and women, too, what makes you different or weird—that’s your strength. Everyone tries to look a cookie-cutter kind of way, and actually the people who look different are the ones who get picked up. I used to hate my nose. Now I don’t. It’s OK.”
- As far as her diet is concerned, Streep eats mostly organic, and has been doing so for years.
- Meryl Streep is an advocate for safe organically grown foods and is even a shareholder in the Community-Supported Agriculture Organization.
- While Streep isn’t a fitness fanatic, she does enjoy swimming regularly.
- She clocks up at least 55 lengths of her pool (around a mile) three to four times a week.
Tina Turner- 77
- Even at 77, Tina looks amazing!
- This phenomenal singer believes it’s due to her great style, health and attitude.
- “A 50-year-old woman is equivalent to 40 when I was growing up,” she insists.
- This iconic singer has stayed a size 10 for the past 4 decades- and owes it not eating after 6pm, drinking lots of water and, of course, dancing.
- Tina’s commitment to exercise also helps keep her body in shape. With a home in Switzerland she has become a devotee of saunas and steam rooms and “walking 10 miles up and down stairs at home.”
- Her daily breakfast consists of banana, kiwi and melon, and brown German bread
- n addition, she believes sleep is so important that she only has two meals a day because she sleeps so long.
- “If you take care of yourself, 60 is nothing for women these days. in today’s world you can be the kind of woman you want to be.”