This year Sylvester Stallone finally won a Golden Globe for his performance as Rocky in Creed, the latest film in the storied film franchise. The names Sylvester Stallone and Rocky Balboa are known around the world, and are synonymous with hard work, perseverance, and strength.
Stallone is a creative genius and a source of inspiration for anyone who wants to overcome overwhelming odds to succeed. Whether you want to get as strong as Rocky or become as successful as Sylvester, his advice is precious. Read the top 10 life tips from Sylvester Stallone to unleash the eye of the tiger.
- Never give up: Stallone discredits the haters and always believes in himself and his power to control his success through hard work, he has said “I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.”
- Follow your heart: Stallone famously sold his wife’s jewelry for money and sold his companion and best friend, his dog, for $50 (which he later bought back for $3000!) because he followed his heart and wrote the Rocky screenplay, he has said “I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.”
- No matter how hard, keep pushing forward: Life gets hard, just keep working hard and moving forward, Stallone’s motto is “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.”
- Be optimistic: Sylvester believes remaining positive is the true way to success “I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism.”
- Keep challenging yourself: Studies show that setting goals lead to greater effort and persistence, something the Stallone is well aware of- he recommends “If you don’t have a mountain, build one and then climb it. And after you climb it, build another one; otherwise you start to flatline in your life.”
- Use common sense and be wary of anything “free”: “Don’t be gullible, use life before it uses you. Understand there are no free lunches, and for every action you take, there’s a reaction” says Sylvester.
- Aim to be complete: Stallone believes in spirituality and the whole human experience. He wisely has said “Without love, loyalty, desires, passion, courage, dignities, faith, beliefs and all the other ingredients that go into making the human soul something so elevated that only God knows its limits, we are only shells bobbing aimlessly in a calm sea of mediocrity. …And if you can figure that out, please write and explain it to me because you’re a better man than I am.”
- Use and develop your mind: While Sylvester Stallone is undoubtedly physically strong, he does not discredit the power of his mind, he instructs “Remember the mind is your best muscle…big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains….Ride the brain train for success.”
- Find out what you’re really made of : Stallone’s motto aims to dig deep “When you’re scared, when you’re hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you’re going to see what you’re really made of.”
- Be spiritual: Whatever your definition of that word might be. Sylvester Stallone believes that spirituality is the precursor to success. He says “Your Spiritual sense will make you either a winner or a loser.”