A chicken salad wrap is a refreshing lunchtime option that is easy to make and perfect to pack for a picnic. But the best part? They can be super healthy!
Just because the old-fashioned diner serves their chicken salad with gobs of mayo on a honking roll doesn’t mean that you need to. So how can you customize it to keep the taste and lose the calories? Easy. Just replace the mayo with non-fat greek yogurt, go easy on the salt, and substitute bread for lettuce. It has healthy fat, protein, vegetables, and fruit. Here is our healthy chicken salad wrap recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup diced walnuts
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/3 cup grapes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce with large leafs
- salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- Grill 2 chicken breasts. They can be baked in the oven or on the stovetop if necessary. Let chicken cool.
- Chop the green onion, grapes, and tomatoes. Place into large mixing bowl.
- Dice chicken and place in large bowl.
- Add greek yogurt and walnuts to bowl. Stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon to taste. Give the bowl another stir.
- Scoop about 2 spoonfuls on a large leaf of romaine lettuce. Roll up and enjoy!