Here are the facts: there are currently 82,000 synthetic chemicals in the foods we eat, the products we clean our homes with, the toys our children touch, the air we breathe, and the cosmetics we apply to our skin. The best way to deal with this fact, is to be conscious of the chemicals we interact with and limit them as often as possible. Here are some facts Health Fitness Revolution would like you to know about toxins:
- You’ve already been exposed to 127 different synthetic chemicals today: before you even left your house. Most personal care products such as soaps, deodorant, shampoo, lotions, and makeup carry numerous highly toxic chemicals, including cadmium, mercury, aluminum and lead. We recommend you inspect the ingredients of your care products as you would the ingredients in your food. Educating yourself on ingredients is the best way to minimize toxins.
- There are over 200 synthetic chemicals in our bodies right now. Because our bodies do not know how to purge themselves of all the synthetic toxins we are exposed to, many can stay in our bodies for a long time.
- 85% of the chemicals on the market have not been tested. Which is why we can’t be sure how the effect our bodies.
- Chemicals account for $3.7 trillion in sales every year around the world. 19% percent of that is produced in America.
- Childhood disease is increasing exponentially. Cancer is the leading cause of death (after accidents) in children younger than 15 in the United States. Autism now affects one in 50 children. In the last 20 years, there’s been a 300% increase in allergies; 300% increase in asthma; 400% increase in ADHD. Is it possible that certain toxins are contributing to these statistics?
- We eat and drink chemicals every day: Artificial sweeteners, preservatives, nitrates, artificial colors, MSG- as a rule of thumb, if it’s processed, chances are it contains one or more of these ingredients. Sodium benzoate and potassium benzoate are preservatives that are sometimes added to sodas to prevent mold growth, but benzene is a known carcinogen. Butylated Hydroxynaisole (BHA) is another preservative that’s potentially cancer-causing. We recommend reading ingredients lists and if you don’t recognize a product, don’t consume it.
- Organic food is an affordable option. If we factor in the potential health costs of processed and conventionally grown (read: pesticide rich) foods and organic food doesn’t break the bank. Also, organic food is the fastest growing sector in agriculture. Would we spray a piece of fruit with Raid, then rinse it off and eat it?
- Your body is the biggest investment that you will ever have in your life. We all know people who spend more time and more money on their cars than they do their own bodies. The fuel we put into our bodies will determine how well it performs and fights against the burden of chemicals.