We’ve mentioned adding lemon to water in a previous post here. There’s a reason lemons are so powerful- they are one of the only foods on the planet that has more anions than cations in their atomic structure. Here is why Samir Becic and Health Fitness Revolution recommends starting your day with a warm glass of water with a fresh squeezed lemon:
“With healthy lifestyle, we can avoid 60-70% of known illnesses.”- Samir Becic
Follow Samir on twitter: https://twitter.com/SamirBecic
Follow Samir on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HFRevolution
- Lemon Water hydrates the lymph system. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.
- Lemon is alkalizing and helps to balance your ph levels. Research shows that disease thrives in an acidic environment so alkalizing foods are especially good. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
- Lemon juice oxygenates and hydrates your body.
- It’s high in vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium and much more.
- Lemon water in the morning kickstarts your metabolism, digestive system, and helps your kidneys flush out toxins.
- Lemon juice is antibacterial, antiviral, and immune boosting.
- Lemon aids digestion by flushing out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemon juice helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
- Lemon cleanses Your System and works as a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
- Lemon Boosts Your Immune System because they are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function, and also helps control blood pressure. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
- Lemon juice clears skin because the vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
- Lemon is Energizing and Enhances Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
- It Promotes Healing! Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
- Lemon cures bad breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth.
- Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster.
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!