New Year’s resolutions are among us, and most of them normally entail something along the lines of going to the gym or getting in shape. Of course, such a drastic lifestyle change can be a challenge, particularly if you’ve never exercised much before, but here are some easy tips for you to improve your health in the upcoming year.
1. Drink more water. Water is good for your skin and body! Check out our article on why you should drink more water.
2. Eat more vegetables. Our body needs the nutrients from vegetables. Eat the dark leafy greens and vibrant red and purple vegetables. Those are the ones that provide the most nutrients for our body.
3. Get enough sleep. Sleep is critical for functioning. Lack of sleep affects all aspect of our lives.
4. Get out in nature. Get away from the computer screen and get out and explore different areas of the city you live in. You never know, you could stumble upon something beautiful.
5. Cut out the junk food. Stop putting junk food in your body. It’s called junk food for a reason. Having good health starts from the inside. What you put inside your body will reflect on the outside. It all starts from within.
6. Get some exercise. Aim for 30 minutes of exercise a day. You don’t have to exercise all at once if your schedule is too busy, but doing 10 minutes of exercise three times a day will still allow you to achieve your goal. And if you’re short on time, try this 1-minute workout!
7. Get a checkup! Don’t wait until you are sick to go to the doctor. You should be going to the doctor at least once a year for an annual physical. You need to make sure your body is in tip-top shape and everything is working the way that it should be.
8. Green your routine. Chemicals are a part of our lives. Try to cut out some of these toxins and switch to more natural items.
9. Volunteer. Give your time to volunteer for something good. We spend too much of our time on things that are not as important. By volunteering your time to a good cause you can make sure that time is not wasted.
10. Get real. Don’t live in denial. Realize your bad habits or bad things that may be driving you down. Get rid of those. You can’t succeed if you let negative things get in your way. Face them head on and work towards fixing them.
11. Have some fun. Life isn’t meant to be all serious. Get out and have some fun!
12. Stop being so hard on yourself. No one is perfect and humans make mistakes. Go easy on yourself and don’t get so disappointed when things don’t go your way.
13. Stretch yourself. Spend a few minutes a day in the morning or whenever to just stretch. Stretching can help release built-up tension during the day and can improve your flexibility.
14. Skip the soda. There’s no nutritional value in soda at all. It’s better to skip the soda completely than drink it. Read our article on why you should quit drinking soda.
15. Practice gratitude. Be thankful for what you have in life. Appreciate everything. Remind yourself on your worst days of great things you have to be thankful for!
Information gathered from Huffington Post.