What’s bright yellow and a perfect crescent moon shape? A banana, of course! But do you know how healthy they are? You’ll never look at a banana the same way again after learning these health benefits. Not only are bananas great for your health, but they can also cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes. Here are 11 health benefits of bananas!
- Aid in Curbing Depression: Bananas are high in serotonin (the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter) converted in the body from its high levels of tryptophan.
- Improve Mood: Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Curbs Muscle Cramps: Both during and after a workout. This is due to the potassium levels in bananas.
- Energy Before a Workout: Bananas will not only provide a boost of
energy,but also keep your blood sugar levels stable during strenuous exercise.
- All-around Good Health: Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Protect the Heart and Lower Blood Pressure: Because they are high in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood
pressure,and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Aids in Removing Toxins from the Body: Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Natural Antacid: Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against
- High in Antioxidants: Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.
- Keep you Cooler: Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- Natural Cure for Bug B
ites: Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.