In Photo: Baby Ares Max Becic aka “Maxy Bunny”
The entire Health Fitness Revolution team, Samir Becic, Dijana Becic, Naomi Ring and Ares Max Becic want to wish you a Wonderful and Healthy Easter Weekend!
Here are Health Fitness Revolution’s Tips for a Thinner Easter:
- Eat slowly, putting your fork down between bites, and taste each mouthful to enjoy your meal and feel satisfied with one plate full of food.
- Get Active! Create a calorie deficit by exercising to burn off extra calories before you ever indulge in your favorite foods. Make fitness a family adventure by taking a walk early in the day and then again after dinner. It is a wonderful way for families to get physical activity and enjoy the holiday together.
- Eat Breakfast: While you might think it makes sense to save up calories for the big meal, experts say eating a small meal in the morning can give you more control over your appetite. Start your day with a small but satisfying breakfast — such as an egg with a slice of whole-wheat toast, or a bowl of oatmeal – so you won’t be starving when you arrive at the gathering. Here is an article we wrote about the importance of Breakfast.
- Whether you are hosting an Easter meal or bringing a few dishes to share, make your recipes healthier with less fat, sugar, and calories. For example: Use fat-free chicken broth, reduce oil/butter, use less sugar, try greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream in creamy dips, mashed potatoes, and casseroles.
- Watch your portions- only eat your favorites and skip the foods you can have all year long. Also, skip second servings.
- Choose whole grains, fruits, vegetables, broth-based soups, salads, and other foods with lots of water and fiber add to the feeling of fullness.
- Spread out the food and fun all day long. For example: schedule desert AFTER a family walk around the neighborhood.
- Cut back on chocolate treats, tiny treats are calories that can add up quickly. Limit yourself to a treat but don’t overdo it. Once the holiday is over, bring the leftover treats to work and share so that you don’t snack on them for weeks to come!
- Set realistic expectations. Being away from your schedule and celebratory indulgence around you most of the time, shift your mindset to maintaining your weight and staying healthy and active.
- Be Social. It is such an important aspect of health, as we wrote about in an article here about how Happiness Affects Health. So enjoy time with family and friends this Easter!