Not only can superheroes perform extraordinary feats of strength, agility, and flexibility, but they are expected to. After all, how else are they going to save the world? Since so many people around the world look up to superheroes (and the actors who portray them on the big screen), we decided to highlight these health benefits. Here are the top 10 fittest superheroes who have soared above the others.
Captain America (Chris Evans)
- On Monday Chris focuses on the back by doing weights, pull ups 4 sets of 4-6 reps, and 3-4 sets of cable crunches.
- Tuesday is chest day with incline press and cable crossover.
- Wednesday is rest day, maybe complimented by some optional stretching.
- Thursday is lower body with lunges, calf raises, and cable woodchoppers.
- Friday includes upper body lifts including barbell curls, cable crossovers, and dumbbell press.
Thor (Chris Hemsworth)
- Thor’s workout routine might seem tense, but if you follow through you can look like a superhero too! Chris prepared to play Thor by working out for 90 minutes for five days.
- His superhero workout includes upper body inclines, cable crossover, and 4 sets of 6-8 reps of Arnold presses.
- For lower body, Chris does 3 sets of 8 reps per leg and squats, lunges, and standing cable calf raises.
- Thor’s diet follows the 80/20 ratio, which means your diet should consist of 80% dense healthy fit foods like leafy greens and 20% whatever you want (sweets, alcohol, carbs, etc).
Batman (Christian Bale)
- For his role in the Batman trilogy, Christian followed through with a strict diet plan, consuming no sweets and alcohol.
- His workout routine includes weight lifting, martial arts, squats, grappling (form of martial arts), and boxing for 4 days a week.
- His workout also include high pull-ups, weightlifting, chin ups, squat jumps, sprinting, reverse lunges, 30 minutes of stretching, and 10-20 laps of swimming.
Superman (Henry Cavill)
- Henry works on upper body strength, incline dumbbells, weighted pull ups, barbell deadlift, front squat, lunges, and calf raises.
- For his Monday workout Henry does 4 sets of 5 reps of incline dumbbell press and flat dumbbell press, 4 sets of 10-12 cable crossover.
Wonder woman (Gal Gadot)
- Gal’s diet consists of a high fiber, fruits, and veggies.
- For her workout routine, she does kickboxing, martial arts, kungfu, sword fighting, jiu-jitsu, intense cardio and strength training.
Supergirl (Melissa Benoist)
- Melissa maintains her physique to be the best Supergirl that she can be. She incorporates ballet training, boxing, core work, pilates, and plymoterics (jump training) into her workout routine.
- As for her diet, she eats a lot of fruits and vegetables to make sure she gets the necessary vitamins and antioxidants.
Storm (Halle Berry)
- For the fit 49 year old mom and actress, she prepared for her role as storm in the first X-men series by eating lean protein, high-fiber foods, healthy foods high in fats.
- Usually for the main course, Halle will have beans, vegetables, sweet potatoes, and a sugarless beverage to go with it.
- As for her workout, she follows a five element fitness plan: Strength training for lean muscle mass, kickboxing, cardio training, and hill running. She does warm ups, upper and lower body strength, core training, and cardio workouts.
Invisible Woman (Jessica Alba)
- For her role in the Fantastic Four, Jessica prepared for her role by doing weight training, cardio workouts, lighting running on the treadmill, and three sets of dumbbell raises and exercises like reverse flys and lateral shoulder raises.
- She also incorporates lunges and bicep curls. For her diet, she prefers to stick with the classical three meals a day routine which includes lean quality protein like scrambled eggs, carbohydrates, mixed fruit, and whole wheat toast for breakfast and for lunch, she’ll have salmon cranberry salad and for dinner, a grilled chicken breast.
Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer)
- For Michelle’s diet, she sticks to portion controls and a low-fat diet. Her usual workout includes running 4-6 miles everyday, sprints, treadmill, and weight training.
- Is a vegan, a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins for age-defying and free radicals
Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)
- To get fit for her role in the Avengers as Black Widow, she incorporates a 90 minute circuit workout that includes dumbbells, resistance bands, and medicine balls.
- She does hardcore training such as many sets of squats, lunges, chin-ups, split squats all for strengthening. When she’s not training for her role, she likes to do MMA (mixed martial arts).
- Her healthy diet consists of two egg omelettes, oatmeal, fresh berries drizzled lightly with olive oil and lemon juice for breakfast. Throughout the day, she likes to snack on almonds and apples. For dinner, she makes sure it’s high in protein like fish, red onions, cabbage, and broccoli.