After publishing an article highlighting the health and wellness programs of the top 10 Fortune 500 companies, the team at Health Fitness Revolution and its founder Samir Becic took it a step further and compiled a list of the wellness programs of the top 100 companies of the Fortune 500.
These companies stand at the top of the business realm and serve as an example for all corporations and employers to motivate and encourage their employees to be healthy and fit. With a healthier staff, businesses can be more productive and successful as a team.
“Considering that corporations are the backbone of the U.S. economy, I personally believe that it is crucial that they have strong wellness programs in order to reassure the productivity, creativity, and powerful dynamic that is in their potential,” Becic said.
Here are the top tips from Health Fitness Revolution and author of the book ReSYNC Your Life Samir Becic:
The heightened benefits and proof of successful investment include:
- Healthier, more productive working employees
- Lower stress levels
- Lower turnover / higher employee retention rates
- Fewer sick days
- Lower insurance premiums
- Protection of a company’s greatest asset – the employee
- Higher self-esteem and a greater team-building mentality
- Increased energy and vitality in the workplace
- A more optimistic, positive attitude
- A greater eagerness to succeed and lead, along with the energy to do so
- Improvement in family life brings improvement into the workplace
- Greater community synergy, greater company synergy
- Trying to make food healthier and more affordable by working with suppliers to reduce sodium and sugar in key products.
- Also aiming to double the amount of organic produce they buy and lower costs to consumers.
- Walmart is continually working to provide the 1.1 million Walmart associates and family members covered by Walmart health care plans with access to affordable, comprehensive medical coverage as well as tools, resources and innovative new benefits to help them manage their health and well-being.
- For $7-10 a paycheck employees can use the Walmart fitness center, which has a track, exercise equipment, a swimming pool, classes, etc.
- The new North Houston head campus is designed in the same vein as the Googleplex, the California headquarters of tech giant Google that doubles as an adult playground, with volleyball games, free haircuts and recreation rooms.
- Has a state of the art fitness center available to employees.
- GlobalFit Discount Program: This fitness discount program allows employees, retirees and their families to join top-rated health clubs at substantially discounted rates.
- Has a company-wide “Get Moving” program that states: “Make physical activity part of your regular day. Being active can help you stay healthy, control your weight, lower your risk for many chronic conditions, including heart disease, some cancers and diabetes. A brisk half-hour walk every day can help you improve your health. You will enjoy the benefits of greater energy, better mood and improved sleep.”
- Chevron offers a variety of programs to help employees find the best way to lead a more active lifestyle. Participation in any of these programs is voluntary.
- Participating employees may be eligible for Health Rewards in 2015 including a $250 Wellness Credit added to their Health Care Spending Account* on January 1, 2016 and they can also be entered in a drawing for a chance to win free medical premiums for all of 2016 for themselves and their eligible dependents.
- Chevron encourages employee health “When it comes to your health, you have the power to create change. It’s commitment to the small steps that makes the biggest difference, and Chevron resources can help you along the way. If you’ve been thinking about exercising more, losing weight or quitting tobacco this year, then here’s your chance to get help committing to those goals, one small change at a time. And while you’re making those small changes, why not get points toward health rewards?”
- On-site Chevron Fitness Centers: Chevron fitness centers also provide a broad range of illness and injury prevention training, health education and exercise opportunities. Some locations also offer massage therapy.
- National fitness partnerships: In addition to the Chevron locations that have on-site fitness centers, Chevron employees and their dependents have the opportunity to join 24 Hour Fitness or Anytime Fitness health clubs at our preferred corporate rate.
- Healthy Heart Program with WebMD- By participating in this program employees can create a plan for exercise, work with a health coach, and use a variety of online tools and resources that are personalized to them.
- Employees can listen to online Health Audio casts that cover a variety of health topics, including exercise.
- Health wise Health Encyclopedia access: The Healthwise website is available to employees for a variety of health information and decision-making tools. The site provides links to how-to information about physical activity. The site includes info on walking for wellness, reducing back pain, and healthy weight.
4. Berkshire Hathaway
- CSI Chairman Emeritus, William McBain Kizer, saw the benefits of promoting personal health and wellness, not only in his growing company, but also for the community and the nation.
- Kizer led the charge for workplace health by creating a healthy company and urging his fellow business leaders to do the same.
- His founding of the first Wellness Council in Omaha in 1982 led to the formation of Wellness Council of America – WELCOA. A national business and health promotion, nonprofit organization, WELCOA is one of the most respected resources for workplace wellness with membership in excess of 3,200 member companies.
- Kizer’s vision for a healthier America is summed up with his own words, “Keeping people healthy in the first place will go a long way toward addressing the skyrocketing health care costs facing this nation.”
- Under his leadership, the company has come to exemplify the power of promoting healthy lifestyle practices among its employees and provided the impetus for Omaha to become one of America’s healthiest cities.
- The CEO of Berkshire Hathaway believes in health within his company, “There is no question that workplace wellness is worth it. The only question is whether you’re going to do it today or tomorrow. If you keep saying you’re going to do it tomorrow, you’ll never do it.” – Warren Buffet, Chairman, Berkshire Hathaway.
- Apple released a new advert geared towards the health and fitness market promoting it’s workout features. The advert is called “Strength”.
- Steve Jobs wanted to pass on his love of meditation to others in the workplace, allowing employees of the tech giant to take 30 minutes each day to meditate at work, providing classes on meditation and yoga on-site, and offering the use of a meditation room.
- They released an Apple watch that includes a comprehensive selection of health apps for measuring heart rate, activity, nutrition, sleep, and more.
- Apple has released an app called HealthKit and says that “It just might be the beginning of a health revolution,”
- The new Health app gives an easy‑to‑read dashboard of health and ﬁtness data such as heart rate, calories burned, blood sugar, and cholesterol .
- They can help guide well-being by offering a comprehensive package of wellness programs designed to help make smart choices so one can feel better and live well.
- Their wellness programs are confidential, completely voluntary and provided by the company at no cost to the employee and their dependents.
- Depending on how much activities, an employee can get compensated with cash rewards for staying healthy.
- Phillips 66 believes that there is no excuse to avoid the gym because they will reimburse the employee for their gym membership and up to 50% of their dependence for up to 300 dollars.
- They offer free screening that tests blood pressure and cholesterol to body mass and blood sugar and can help identify risk factors for future health issues early on, while there’s still time to take action.
- Phillips 66 has partnered up with WebMD as their wellness partner and includes services such as:
- Health Assessment – A confidential online questionnaire that provides a personalized wellness report and an action plan to improve health.
- WebMD Health Coaching – One-on-one phone meetings with a health expert who can help one improve their health, and to provide social support.
- My Health Assistant – A virtual health coach that creates simple weekly plans to keep one motivated to reach their goals in a variety of areas.
- Health Record – A tool to help keep track of health records in a single, secure and convenient place.
- WebMD Pregnancy Assistant – A fun, interactive tool for both the mom-to-be or dad-to-be to promote healthy pregnancy.
- “As you grow in your career, we want you to know that your future is secure from your first day at GM. We offer you and your family comprehensive benefits that will fit your life”.
- Has a “General Motors: Weight Loss Diet Program”. “This program is designed for a target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week. It will also improve your attitudes and emotions because of its cleansing systematic effects”. It’s a step by step program with day by day instruction on healthy diet to reduce weight and improve health.
- Has several fitness gym training facilities in various cities. (A full proper gym).
- Promotes healthy choices, and healthy lifestyle. Believes that a healthy lifestyle benefits employees. Believe in “workplace wellness”.
- “Ford Motor Company has made it a priority to communicate the importance of health and wellness among its employees in the workplace as well as at home.”
- “Workout Buddies Program”. Ford employees voluntarily train/instruct fitness and exercise classes.
9. General Electric
- General Electric’s Health Coach program offers all workers access to trained nurses who can answer questions on everything from claim issues to chronic illness.
- The company also offers NowClinic, a program that allows employees to video-chat with physicians 24/7 to obtain a quick diagnosis.
- Healthymagination is working toward better health for more people. They’re committed to continuously develop and invest in innovations that deliver high-quality, more affordable healthcare to more people around the world.
- HealthAhead, GE’s internal health program to improve the health of GE employees
- Promotes 100% tobacco-free campuses.
- Approximately 2/3 of their global employee population impacted positively by HealthAhead.
- GE partners with their employees and their families around the world to help them live and work healthier, to reduce health-related work absences and to limit the growing cost of employee healthcare.
- GE Healthcare’s use of social media in its annual #GetFit competition has far-reaching significance to the 25.5 million participants* worldwide, who have used the social networks to take part, interact, and engage with others to promote awareness about helping cancer prevention through healthy living.
- #GetFit campaign encourages participants to share their healthy habits and join in the challenge via social media.
- The company also takes a proactive approach to health, offering inexpensive gym memberships to employees, their spouses, adult children, and even company retirees.
9. Valero Energy
- Encourages employees to stay active with teams in the MS150 bike ride and several family health days.
- Valero states that balancing work and home life, keeping in shape and staying healthy are goals everyone shares and they aim to make this a reality for their employees.
- The Fit Valero Wellness Program encourages employees to achieve total health, fitness and well-being by providing valuable services and innovative programs, such as wellness assessments, fitness programs and employee assistance. Valero’s wellness program has improved quality of life and even saved lives.
- A fitness center is located at the corporate headquarters in San Antonio and is available to employees, spouses and retirees at no charge, 24 hours a day. A variety of group fitness classes and personal one-on-one training are available. The Port Arthur, Bill Greehey (Corpus Christi), Texas City and St. Charles refineries also have fully equipped fitness centers.
- Other employees who do not have access to an on-site fitness facility may use Valero’s fitness membership subsidy benefit. This benefit allows employees to select the health club of their choice, conveniently located near work or home.
- Valero provides annual, on-site health risk assessments that are free for employees and at reduced fees for spouses and retirees, providing confidential evaluations.
- The company offers several employee health promotion programs or services. And regular “Lunch & Learn” sessions focus on health-related/work-life issues, such as cancer awareness, heart disease, smoking cessation, exercise, financial/estate planning and other topics.
- Valero earned several recognitions in 2014 for promoting and embracing the well-being of its employees, including: Fit-Friendly Award, Gold Level Recipient, from the American Heart Association and the Healthy Workplace Award: Gold Recognition, from the San Antonio Business Group on Health in collaboration with the Mayor’s Fitness Council.
- Has come up with GlowCaps program, by partnering up with Vitality. This program reminds people through texts, emails, and calls to regularly take their medication. It also sends the physician and the client updates on when to renew the bottle or when to purchase a new one.
- Also came up with ‘DiabetesManager’ with AT&T mHealth and WellDoc, which collects and analyzes information like blood sugar levels and carbohydrate intake and provides real-time, clinically based feedback and strategies for adjusting behavior if blood sugar levels are too high or too low.
- With the health benefits comes an online portal called ‘Your Health Matters’ which is offered only to their employees. access to this website can give them plenty of options and plans on how to stay healthy, eat healthy and just maintain a healthy lifestyle. They provide an online questionnaire to see where the health of the person is currently and then it sends options on how they want to reach their health and wellness goal.
12. CVS Caremark
- Has “Project Health Screening”. Quick, convenient and no appointment necessary!
- Employees get a 1-on-1 consultation with health care and insurance professionals Plus, see if they qualify for health insurance savings. These confidential free screenings will be performed by medical professionals. These screenings check for:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure
- Also support the employee to quit smoking
- These screenings take place all over the United States in many cities.
- Made headlines last year when they decided to stop selling cigarettes in CVS’s nationwide.
13. Fannie Mae
- Started a health report assessment in 1999 with more data, more accurate, and presented and packaged better than in previous years.
- They established a partnership in health program which showed meaningful and measurable health improvements in the participants.
- Experimental Saturday health assessments were held in spring, 1999. A special invitation was extended to spouses/domestic partners and child care services and entertainment was provided. The event was well attended with 50% spouse/domestic partner participation.
- Aerobic and yoga classes were added in some regional offices. A behavioral modification program was specifically designed for partnership office employees.
- Lunch-time seminars were offered in every regional Fannie Mae office. Health professionals were contracted to provide informative and expert presentations on a variety of wellness topics.
- In each region, teams of walkers were organized into a 16-week competitive, fun walking program.
14. UnitedHealth Group
- UnitedHealth Allies helps employees save money on health products and services.
- UnitedHealth Group rewards employees for the healthy steps they take every day through its “Your Re-wards for Health Program”.
- By completing a series of Health Actions, employees can earn an incentive that saves them hundreds of dollars on their medical premiums.
- All employees and their spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a standard UnitedHealth Group medical plan option are automatically enrolled in the ‘Your Rewards for Health Program’.
- Solutions for Caregivers to support those caring for others.
- Employee Assistance Program offers 24 hour access and resources for dealing with life’s challenges and changes.
- They provide a tobacco free workplace.
- Offer their employees access to a wellness program, including Vitality, weight watchers and quit-for-life.
- These programs include easy access to online tools that encourage education and understanding of health risks, incentive-based wellness programs, and overall health management.
- As employees and their families participate in healthy activities, such as walking 10,000 steps per day or getting preventive health screenings, they enjoy the benefits of healthier living and earn Vitality Points, which can be redeemed for rewards.
- Employees have the opportunity to participate in the following health and wellness activities:
- A biometric screening
- An online health risk assessment
- A pedometer linked to the on-line Vitality website
- Subsidized gym membership fees
- Weight Watchers membership
- “Quit for Life” membership
- 100% coverage for preventative care
- Easy access to online tools and resources
- McKesson had recently received Platinum certification in the ‘2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles’ award presented by the National Business Group on Health.
16. Verizon Communications
- The company’s comprehensive approach to health and wellness effectively combines benefits, incentives, support, and health services to help employees.
- Verizon’s strategy involves engaging and empowering employees, retirees, and their families to proactively manage and improve their health, the company spent nearly $3.2 billion in 2013 to provide comprehensive health benefits.
- The strategy emphasizes preventive care and early detection, condition management, maternity care management, and promoting healthy lifestyles with a focus on healthy eating, exercise, tobacco cessation, emotional health, and work/life balance.
- Forty-five on site Verizon Health and Wellness Centers, staffed by trained professionals who are Verizon employees, promote the importance of healthy lifestyle habits through physical activity, nutrition counseling seminars, and more.
- Employees in Verizon locations without a wellness center have access to discounted memberships at more than 2,000 health clubs.
- Verizon significantly expanded online access to healthy living information with a new one-stop health and wellness portal called WellConnect, which provides access to all Verizon wellness programs, as well as personalized health information, online tools, mobile apps, a video library, and healthy living tips to help individuals eat well, stay active, and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
- Verizon offers no-cost biometric health screenings, such as cholesterol and blood sugar tests, along with height, weight, blood pressure, and body mass index (BMI) screenings.
- Breast health informational sessions and mammogram screenings were also offered at 21 work locations and more than 600 women took advantage of the on-site screenings in 2013.
- More than 20,000 employees received flu shots on-site, a positive increase of 8 percent.
- The company provides 100 percent coverage for preventive care.
- The National Business Group on Health (NBGH) has named Verizon to its 2009 list of Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles.
- “The connection between Health & Work is paramount; if you lose your HEALTH, you also lose the ability to WORK. We are supporting actively all the health promotion campaigns, because we consider an employee’s HEALTH an essential value within the Company. ” – Managing Director, Helena Herrero.
- HP and 24 Hour Fitness announced an Unveil Technology Discounts for Nearly 3 Million Exercise Enthusiasts. Agreement to Promote Growth of Technology use among Fitness members.
- Has a Fitness Facility, the “Hewlett-Packard Fitness Center” in Houston, TX. This fitness club in Houston offers a studio for yoga, Pilates, spin, and other group training activities.
- Believes in health and wellness of their employees. They do a HSW information in the new employee orientation. All employees are required to take an annual online refresher course, and completion is included as an objective in employee development plans.
- They also raise awareness of Infectious diseases. “For employees traveling to high-risk countries, we give advice regarding necessary immunizations”.
- “We promote health and wellness through online educational materials, travel health advice and health-awareness activities. In the United States, we provide on-site fitness centers at no charge to employees at many large locations”.
- “We offer U.S. employees health assessments with follow-up by a personal health advisor, and we reward participation with a $300 credit toward health insurance premiums. About 82 percent of U.S. employees took part in 2008”.
18. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- To promote enhanced health and fitness among employees, they offer discounted fitness programs and exercise equipment available to employees throughout the United States.
- Got a gold award in the National Business Group on Health Honors 63 U.S. Employers With “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” Awards.
- At JPMorgan Chase, they consider their employees their most critical asset and their well-being one of their top priorities.
- They are committed to creating an environment that engages employees in their health care and provides them with the resources and support to lead healthier lives.
- JPMorgan Chase offers a range of health benefits and wellness programs to their nearly 250,000 employees worldwide. These include access to free health screenings, assessments and other health services.
- In the United States, they have 28 on site health and wellness centers that address primary health care needs free of cost. Most sites are staffed with doctors and nurses, and they are adding specialists for employees with special needs.
- JPMorgan Chase introduced a consumer-driven health plan for U.S. employees, which requires employees to play a more active role in their health and health care purchases.
- They recently launched a global wellness initiative that includes a team-based physical activity challenge. The challenge ties employee activity levels to company contributions to charitable organizations that feed the hungry ― the more active employees are, the more the company will donate, up to a maximum of $5 million.
19. Costco Wholesale
- Includes a Live Healthy Program in employee benefits which provides:
- Live Healthy dietitian.
- Live Healthy library- includes different topics of research like Arthritis, Asthma, hypertension, and many more.
- Eating Smart program- provides detailed information on what to include in your daily diet. Also includes recipes, eating smart websites and Nutritional tips.
- Health Clubs- discounted rates at particular gyms across the country for employees.
- SImple Steps to a Healthier Life
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Weight Watchers
- Wellness Videos
20. Express Script Holdings
- Offers low healthcare related costs for employees.
- No other published information found.
21. Bank of America
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon (sponsored by Nike). “Recorded Miles Will Trigger a Bank of America Donation That Brings Us One Step Closer to an AIDS-free Generation”. “harnessing the power of community to support the fight against HIV/AIDS”.
- Has “Bank of America Fitness Centers” Throughout the United States in many cities such as Boston and New York.
- Also has been involved in health expos, which have fitness and health oriented brand.
- Has an Employee Assistance Program: A voluntary, confidential service to help employees and their families deal with family problems, job-related issues, stress and other situations.
22. Cardinal Health
- They believe health and wellness is a key to the success of their employees and they want to make their communities healthy too.
- Cardinal Health Receives Platinum from the National Business Group on Health Awards Company Highest Honor for the Third Consecutive Year.
- They have an ongoing commitment to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging employees and their families to pursue and maintain healthy lifestyles.
- “Since the launch of our Healthy Lifestyles program, we’ve worked to provide the tools and resources our employees need to engage in a healthy approach to living,” said Carole Watkins, Chief Human Resources Officer at Cardinal Health.
- The Cardinal Health Healthy Lifestyles program is part of an overarching benefits strategy to promote employees’ well-being by maintaining health through work/life effectiveness resources, web-based tools and preventive care, and improving health and reducing risk through biometric screenings, health advisory services, health assessments and coaching.
- “Cardinal Health is among an elite group of organizations that are leading the way to promoting healthy workplaces and lifestyles,” said Helen Darling, president and CEO of NBGH
- Has a program called Good4Growth which is a partnership between the Cardinal Health Foundation, American Association of Pediatrics, American Dairy Association Mideast, and Action for Healthy Kids. In this program, employees will find practical tools and tips to help anyone who touches a child’s life give that child a great start.
23. International Business Machines (IBM)
- IBM recognizes challenges and require a “total health management” framework that transcends the implementation of traditional employee well-being programs by recognizing the importance of promoting physical and psychological health.
- IBM’s Integrated Health Services organization – consisting of occupational medicine, industrial hygiene, safety, health benefits and wellness professionals – is responsible for implementing employee well-being programs that are proactive, relevant, and effective in managing the highly complex, diverse, and ever-changing health and safety needs of their employees around the world
- The specific goal of health promotion at IBM is to reduce health risk and build vitality among employees and their families, in order to enhance well-being, enable high performance, and mitigate avoidable health-related costs. IBM has embraced the WHO’s Healthy Workplace guidelines, to help refine company health priorities and objectives.
- All IBMers are encouraged to commit to healthy living and vitality building, engagement with regular preventive care, and active involvement in health-care decisions.
- IBM commits to helping employees succeed by making the healthiest choice the easiest choice, by putting the required resources directly in their hands. This is brought to life through IBM’s online Commit to Health Community, using its internal social connections and collaboration hub. Thousands of employees around the world visit and interact in the online community, sharing ideas and reviewing timely health education.
- Provide Fitness Center and Gym discounts for employees.
- Offer Weight Watchers program.
25. Marathon Petroleum
- The Well ALL Ways Wellness Plan is the Company’s health promotion plan. The Plan reimburses for gym, fitness or exercise memberships and selected lifestyle improvement courses.
- Employee Assistance Program that offers a 24-hour confidential counseling and referral service. It is staffed by trained professionals to assist employees and their dependents with family/marital, parenting, drug/alcohol abuse, emotional or work-related concerns.
- Citi was nationally recognized with a Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Company Award in 2011 and 2012.
- Alta and Citi Announce Agreement to Expand and Enhance Citi Bike Program in New York City.
- Since many of Citi’s employees are desk-based, they supply a variety of fitness and health education programs to encourage them to pursue heart-healthy activities.
- Citi’s first-class health and wellness programs help their employees address these everyday risks by improving their physical fitness and well-being, which in turns boosts productivity.
- In efforts to address the everyday risks associated with sedentary lifestyles and encourage their employees to get fit, Citi has developed initiatives such as the Citi Global Fitness Challenge. Citi’s Global Fitness Challenge was launched in October of 2012 and the response has been phenomenal: 45,000 employees from 97 countries participated.
- Citigroup is a signature sponsor of the American Heart Association Wall Street Run & Heart walk, they were also the largest corporate participant where over 1,700 Citi colleagues participated in the event.
- Live Well at Citi is an initiative launched in 2012 to promote a culture of health through programs that meet overall company objectives while serving local needs.
- According to Citi’s global directive, all their facilities have on-site medical facilities and other programs that meet employee needs, local regulations and best practice standards.
27. Archer Daniels Midland
- Blood and biometric screening
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health, Wellness and Fitness resources; including a Wellness Center for Decatur, Ill., colleagues and club membership reimbursements
- Preventative Care
- Health Screening
- Reimbursement for Child Physical Activity
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Blood and biometric screening.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Health, Wellness and Fitness resources; including a Wellness Center for Decatur, Ill., colleagues and club membership reimbursements.
- Preventative Care.
- Health Screening.
- Reimbursement for Child Physical Activity.
- Smoking Cessation Program.
29. Wells Fargo
- By taking specific healthy actions, employees can earn up to $800 in health and wellness dollars.
- Employees earn health and Wellness dollars by taking
- Health Assessments
- Biometric Screenings (measures blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol levels, and body mass index)
- Online wellness education or telephonic wellness coaching program
- These Health and Wellness dollars are used for employee health insurance and other benefits.
- Wellness coaching programs Provides over-the-phone assistance to help you set goals and make changes for a healthier lifestyle
- Boeing named to the “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” list.
- The Boeing Company’s Well Being initiative stems from the belief that employees who actively manage their health and financial well-being are more productive, satisfied and engaged overall and able to perform their best at work, at home and in the community.
- Along with offering a number of Well Being programs, such as Boeing on the Move, a six-week physical activity challenge; on-site screenings; and a Quit For Life tobacco cessation program, Boeing promotes healthy options in the cafeterias and offers discounted access to fitness centers and in-house medical clinics.
31. Procter & Gamble
- P&G’s CEO A.G. Lafley is dedicated to his own meditation practice and thinks it has a lot to offer employees as well.
- The company offers a wealth of health and fitness programs that include meditation classes and spaces in their major corporate buildings.
- The P&G Fitness Centers exist to improve the health status of P&G Employees, as hospital-based fitness centers, they provide a variety of opportunities for physical, mental, and emotional well-being delivered by caring professionals in a clean, service-oriented environment.
- At the P&G Fitness Centers they let their employees exercise their options – from free weights to cardio equipment, from personal training to group fitness, and much more.
32. Freddie Mac
- Has wellness options for employees and their families.
- Insurance plan include:
- Employee Assistance program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- They offer a Wellness Center to see a doctor on site or at home.
- Also offer a Fitness Center for their employees.
33. Home Depot
- Offer plenty of healthy living resources to its employees like:
- Healthy cooking programs- have a designated Chef who cooks healthy and delicious food. They also have a healthy cookbook which consists with recipes from Nutritionists and other employees.
- Physical activity and fitness programs- employees get discounts for various large health club chains. Also have ‘The Home Depot Miles’ where employees are encouraged to walk a mile around the home depot mile walking route before, during or after work hours.
- Home Depot health challenge- A competition every year during summer and winner gets cash prizes.
- Smoking cessation program- free one on one coaching, nicotine patches and other resources.
- Nutrition and weight management programs
- My health chat- chat with other employees and coaches about being active, eating healthy, and outstanding stress.
- My health journey- start a 12 week journey to better health with a step- by- step guide to a healthier you.
- Balanced choices healthy vending program- they maintain a healthy vending food options for employees in their vending machines.
- Weight watchers special offers.
- Free on site flu shot.
- Employee assistance program ( CARE solutions- offers employees and their families with personal and professional issues)
- Wellness patch recognition program- allows all associates to nominate one employee who sets and achieves their wellness goals and the winner receives a wellness patch for their apron and a letter of recognition from The Home Depot.
- Microsoft offers employees the perks that have become commonplace among tech giants: flexible work hours, free gym memberships, and lots of on-site services (dry cleaning, oil changes, and an organic spa)
- They also have The Living Well Health Center, which is a Microsoft-run outpatient clinic catering exclusively to employees of the company’s Redmond campus.
- On-site screenings.
- Health club memberships or discounts.
- Programs to manage chronic health conditions and quit smoking.
- Access to a 24-hour health-line.
- Microsoft is also the first major corporation to offer a benefit for autism therapy, providing coverage for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy through Certified Autism Providers.
- Taking a proactive stance on obesity in its workforce community, the Microsoft Corporation began a pilot program approximately two years ago at its Redmond, Wash headquarters in response to employee feedback. The aim was to increase the health of its obese employees and cap health costs associated with the condition.
- No found employee fitness/wellness programs.
- Target encourages team members to take a more active role in their health with simple but potentially life-saving actions like knowing their biometric health numbers, and understanding their health status and risk for heart disease, diabetes, obesity and more.
- A health and wellness webpage offers online tools and helps team members assess their health, set goals, and receive personalized recommendations to help them take action, see results, enjoy successes and maximize their money.
- Onsite events with biometric health screenings help team members confidentially identify undetected health risks before they become serious health conditions. Team members can get a free flu vaccination, and can take advantage of a free tobacco cessation program, reduced Weight Watchers® fees and more.
- Tobacco-cessation program.
- Team member Life- Resources- team members and their households can get free, confidential counseling, support and information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They can help with life’s challenges and successes, from coping with stress, anxiety, depression, grief and loss to providing fitness tips, nutrition information and interactive weight and exercise tools to help improve your health and everything in-between.
37. Walgreens Co.
- On-site Healthy Living Center: This comprehensive health center located in their 108 building includes a physician-run health center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and a Healthy Living Café serving healthy options for breakfast and lunch. The Center is open to all employees.
- Two Fitness Center options are available at low, competitive rates.
38. WellPoint (renamed Anthem)
- Recognized as a Fit-Friendly worksite by the American Heart Association in 2014
- “At WellPoint we strive to create an environment where it’s easier to make healthy choices, provide results oriented wellness programs, promote overall wellbeing and reward healthy outcomes. In fact, our wellness programs are a key component of our employee benefits package,” said Pamela Ventura, director of Wellness Programs at WellPoint. “Our programs target key health improvement opportunities – move more, stress less, eat better, practice prevention and stop smoking. We’re committed to providing the best workplace environment possible and being recognized by the American Heart Associationas a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite reinforces the work we’ve done so far.”
- Healthy options are available at onsite cafeterias and in vending machines to help make selecting healthy food easier. The company subsidizes healthy food choices at onsite cafeterias with a healthy dining discount taken at register.
- When catering for meetings, the company provides healthy guidelines for employees to use when making food choices. They encourage consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and calcium-rich foods while limiting the intake of fat, sodium and sugars. A discount incentive is offered to departments choosing healthy choices.
- Provides on-site fitness centers or health club reimbursements.
- Friendly fitness competitions among its associates.
- Weight management programs.
- Smoking cessation programs.
- Online virtual wellness programs available.
- If employees live more than 5 miles from a WellPoint fitness center, a $35 dollar allowance towards a company-recognized health club.
- Incentives toward the cost of health care coverage for demonstrating healthy behaviors –promoting an overall healthy lifestyle.
39. Johnson & Johnson
- Johnson & Johnson supports many efforts to promote health and wellness and reduce preventable diseases.
- Many years ago, Johnson & Johnson began promoting healthy lifestyles among their employees. A system of company-wide incentives was established to help employees live healthier lives.
- Health Assessment & Counseling to help employees understand and reduce their health risks.
- Opportunities for employees to be physically active through activities and initiatives offered by our companies, some of which provide on-site fitness centers, exercise classes, personal training and health coaching.
- Preventive screenings covered at 100 percent under the Healthy People Medical Plan.
- On-site fitness centers.
- Reimbursement for exercise expenditures.
- A pedometer program.
- Seasonal fitness challenges.
- Guidance on nutrition (offering healthy cafeteria choices and online weight-management tools).
- Lifestyle management, and computerized coaching programs (health coaching for blood pressure management, tobacco cessation, and blood lipid control).
40. American International Group
- AIG’s health plans pays for preventive annual physical exams, wellness screenings, and immunizations (including flu shots) performed by an in-network provider.
- “Wellness has become a top priority for companies that are seeking ways to help their employees achieve and maintain a sense of well-being, and these enhancements to our Employee Assistance Program provide more wellness resources that can help employees manage stress and balance their personal and professional lives,” said Curt Olson, President and CEO of AIG Benefit Solutions. “Wellness programs such as our EAP can also help reduce absenteeism and increase productivity, which makes it a valuable addition to a company’s insurance package.”
- In 2014, it announced enhancements to its Employee Assistance Program intended to provide more wellness resources and options for employees, and increase the maximum number of face-to-face consultations to five consultations per issue, per year.
- Offering will include LifeCoach, a structured program in which certified, professional health coaches are available by telephone or online, to help employees achieve goals in a number of areas including weight management, physical activity, healthy eating, tobacco cessation, and management of chronic medical conditions such as Diabetes Type 2, high blood pressure, and cholesterol problems.
- Believes in using Life Coaches as a holistic approach to reducing stress among employees in both the workplace and their personal lives.
41. State Farm Insurance
- Benefits and programs support wellness and help make informed lifestyle decisions in areas such as physical activity, nutrition, smoking cessation, and preventive care screenings.
- Has a Wellness website that includes:
- An online Wellness Assessment that will help employees understand their current health status and give them personalized feedback on how to improve
- Information and lessons about health, fitness, nutrition, stress management, and weight management.
- Access to 10 online Healthy Living programs that guide employees through a 6-week program to help achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Current health topics in the Healthy News section.
- Information about individual health needs and how to make wise choices.
- Believes that an effective wellness program can help promote healthy lifestyles for their employees – both physically and financially.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans.
- Company-Paid Life Insurance.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- States that their core employee benefit plans and other programs that support work and life balance offer considerable flexibility and choice to support the needs of their diverse workforce.
- Offer wellness and fitness programs.
- Their global wellness strategy is designed to get associates and their families involved in developing and maintaining healthy behaviors to improve their overall quality of life.
- In 2012, they launched a global wellness center of excellence to establish global principles and identify appropriate programs.
- Provide employees with Healthy Living Wellness Coaching programs (including Tobacco-free program) apart from regular insurance coverage.
- Their Healthy Living program encourages associates and their families to focus on healthy lifestyles at home, at work and at play.
- It includes:
- Preventive screenings and rewards for participating in personal health assessments and for completing health improvement programs
- Personalized coaching
- Fitness and nutrition programs
- Online tools and resources
- Educational messaging
- Worksite wellness initiatives and health benefit coverage to promote healthier lifestyles
- Because emotional well-being is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, the company offers stress management and coping skills in 20 countries. In the U.S. and Canada, they offer one-on-one coaching sessions via telephone. They also provide incentives of $50 for completing the online wellness program and up to $100 for completing the phone-based wellness coaching program in the U.S. Additionally, in Canada, Mexico, the U.S., and many countries across Europe, an Employee Assistance Program provides free confidential counseling to help employees address a range of personal issues..
- Offer a variety of programs to help employees improve and maintain their health, including on-site health screenings and a partnership with Weight Watchers.
- Comcast’s Education Assistance Program provides reimbursement of approved tuition, books and educational fees for up to $5,750 per calendar year.
- Employee discount for gym memberships.
45. United Technologies
- Provides a quiet, clean & tobacco-Free working facilities.
- Takes precautions against workplace fatalities and serious injuries. Promotes workplace safety and health.
- Goal is to reduce absolute air emissions (non-greenhouse gases) 68 percent from a 2006 baseline to increase overall global health
- Focuses on environmental impacts and hazards.
- Employees get free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are also coffee and juice bars scattered throughout campuses.
- Free fitness classes, four tricked-out gyms, and organized intramural sports.
- Added more than a thousand community bikes scattered around the Googleplex.
- On-site physicians and nurses who are always available.
- Has a it’s own “Culture Czar” whose goal is to ensure happiness among the company’s employees.
- Ranked in the Top 5 of Fortune’s Best 100 Companies to work for.
- Employees can help themselves to bocce courts, a bowling alley, and an overflowing food pantry.
- Commit both time and resources to promote and support good nutrition, physical activity, stress management and other health improvements to employees and contractors.
- One recent campaign – “Know Your Numbers” – offered employees a voluntary and confidential effort designed to help identify key health indicators including cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar and Body Mass Index (BMI).
- “We’re committed to reaching employees to educate them on the importance of diet and lifestyle in maintaining overall health and preventing chronic diseases”.
- Wellness Centers
- Farmers Markets
- Physical activity, nutrition and behavioral health challenges.
- Heart health and fitness presentations and other wellness activities.
- Have 4 regional medical directors who oversee the health and wellness of the company’s worldwide workforce, each addressing the unique environments and needs of employees.
- In an effort to combat the increased prevalence of heart attack and stroke, they have partnered with the American Heart Association, pledging donations of both time and money.
- Has a tai chi class.
48. Dow Chemical
- Smoking is prohibited (Tobacco), electronic cigarettes are also prohibited.
- Has phone assistance regarding health.
- Encourages to take care of one’s health.
- Promotes healthy eating and weight management.
- Promotes physical activity.
- Also encourages stress management.
- And reminds of “Off-The-Job-Safety” as well.
- Health Improvement programs.
- Self-directed, interactive health programs.
- Offers Activities range from one-day health observances to year-long health challenges, as well as phone-in presentations and discussion groups.
- Believe in good health presentations.
- “Dow Health Services provides FREE phone-in presentations on various health-related topics. Good Health Presentations are delivered live by a health professional – for you to participate from work, home or wherever you have safe access to a computer”.
- Quick, Simple, and Healthy Meal Planning.
- Has employee assistance programs.
- Caterpillar is dedicated to the health and wellness of their employees and families.
- Their wellness services focus on supporting health and well being, both at work and home.
- Through education and other resources, Caterpillar can assist employees in understanding how they can improve their health and get enough exercise, eat a balanced diet and manage a busy lifestyle.
- They also have Information, counseling and referrals which are available to address a variety of work-life issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship problems, substance abuse, work performance issues, child/elder care needs, legal and financial problems.
50. United Parcel Service
- Have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, child or senior care, relationship or marital issues, alcohol or substance abuse, finding colleges, bereavement, financial or legal concerns, parenting challenges, work-related problems and conflict resolution.
- Tobacco cessation program.
- Health Assessment- provide simple steps to lead a healthier life and to learn more about one’s personal health issues.
- Personal Health Record (PHR) is a history of employee health information. It is stored on a private and secure online site and includes information from two sources – employees and their health plan carrier.
- Weight watchers- a UPS retiree or a dependent of a UPSer, Weight Watchers can help individuals achieve their goal of optimum health.
- Their corporate wellness program, Healthy Pfizer, provides tools and resources for colleagues to stay healthy or make measurable health improvements
- Live the principles Pfizer promotes as a company,and it will set a new standard of employer-sponsored health improvement in today’s work environment.
- Improve the health of their employees and their families – reducing health risks, identifying chronic conditions in early stages when treatment is more effective, and encouraging healthy behaviors (such as physical activity and good nutrition).
- Make wellness and prevention a part of their overall culture at Pfizer – a “culture of health” – that is adopted company-wide as a core value for their organization and affects their ability to attract and retain the employees who are so important to their success.
- Support their business – directly, by reducing health care costs, and indirectly, by decreasing presenteeism (coming to work when sick) and improving productivity.
- Over 80% of Pfizer colleagues participate in the Healthy Pfizer program.
- As of July 1, 2009 Pfizer sites made a fresh start by officially adopting a tobacco-free workplace policy at all U.S. sites.
- Pfizer is a two-time winner (1990, 2010) of the C. Everett Koop National Health Award.
- Pfizer has been awarded Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health for 2008-2010.
52. Lowe’s Companies
- Award-Winning ‘My Life Track Health and Wellness Program’ that offers wellness programs, articles, videos and other important resources for employees and their families. The website also features guidance for career, family, finances, well-being and highlights success stories from Lowe’s employees. Also available as an APP for both iPhone and Android devices
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Weight Management, Smoking Cessation and Stress Management Programs
- Voluntary Immunization Clinics
- Free Health Risk Assessment
- On-Site Nurses (Corporate campuses and Distribution only)
- On-Site Pharmacy (Mooresville Corporate campus with extended service to the Wilkesboro campus)
- On-Site Work/Life Seminars (Corporate campuses only)
53. Intel Corporation
- In an innovative program in partnership with Presbyterian Healthcare Services (PHS), Intel has engaged directly and deeply in benefit design, plan design and delivery optimization for employees and dependents at their Rio Rancho, NM, facility.
- Expanding its focus on employee well-being and preventative health care, Intel Corporation has revealed a new on-campus, high-tech fitness center that offers the latest exercise equipment that includes state-of-the-art, Intel embedded technology-based and Internet-connected machines.
- Building on Intel’s legacy of quality health care initiatives for employees, such as the Health for Life wellness program and the 2008 unveiling of an on-site medical care clinic, Intel anticipates that the fitness center will serve as a pilot for future corporate wellness centers, inspire workers to exercise more and track their fitness goals.
- “As a company that strives to improve lives through technology, Intel is deeply committed to applying the power of technology and the Internet to enhance health and wellness, which are crucial today more than ever,” said Joe Jensen, general manager, Intel Embedded Computing Division.
54. Energy Transfer Equity, L.P.
- Offer wellness programs as part of their Total Rewards Program- the details are unavailable without an employee login.
55. Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Wellness programs for employess and their spouse or domestic partner.
- Contemporary fitness centers, plus outdoor sports courts, hiking and biking paths, and more.
- Cafés that serve fresh, seasonal, and nutritious food.
- Has a LifeConnections Health Center.
- Has vision care services with an optical dispensary.
- Their doctors are experienced, friendly, and provide high-quality care in a high-tech environment.
- PPO, EPO, and OOA members get free generic prescriptions.
- Employees get a 15 percent discount off all over-the-counter products at the pharmacy.
- There is no medical deductible for Cisco UnitedHealthCare and CIGNA plan members. You pay only 10 percent of the physician office visit to treat an illness or injury (deductible applies to acupuncture, chiropractic care, and physical therapy visits).
56. Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Website states that they have many employee benefit packages but does not mention any related for fitness or nutrition.
57. Aetna, Inc.
- Aetna Named Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health.
- Since the recognition program began in 2005, Aetna has received the platinum award seven times and the gold award once for establishing “healthy weight, healthy lifestyles” programs with measurable documented outcomes.
- “At Aetna, we believe promoting healthy lifestyles in the workplace is an investment in our employees and our business,” said Deanna Fidler, Aetna’s senior vice president and head of Human Resources.
- Has an Aetna Foundation whose mission is to promote wellness, health, and access to high-quality health care for everyone, while supporting the communities they serve
- The Aetna Foundation wants to understand the contributors to obesity, particularly among minority populations, and what supports and sustains better choices that can stave off overeating and reduce inactivity.
- Get Active Aetna, a popular 16-week wellness program that offers prizes to motivate employees to eat healthy and exercise.
- Healthy Lifestyles Incentive program, which offers financial incentives for exercising and eating healthy.
- Metabolic Syndrome program, which measures employees’ risk for certain conditions, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Virtual Wellness Center, a computer-based resource that offers a virtual kitchen and a virtual fitness center, where animated instructors lead workouts that vary by intensity.
58. The Coca-Cola Company
- The Coca-Cola Company is investing in a range of active lifestyle and sports programs across our territories to offer people from all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to move more, and more often.
- Their commitment: we will encourage active, healthy living by supporting physical activity and nutrition education programs.
- The Coca-Cola Company also uses the power and reach of its advertising campaigns to encourage people to be more active. The most recent campaign, ‘Happiness is Movement’ links to the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ sponsorship.
- Promoting the benefits of daily exercise and good nutrition through our sponsorship of active, healthy living programs worldwide.
- Committed to bringing real choice to consumers everywhere and to educating them on the role their variety of beverages can play in sensible, balanced diets as well as active, healthy lifestyles.
- They are committed to being part of workable solutions to the problems facing society related to obesity. They seek to do this by assisting their associates and their families, as well as the communities that we serve, in promoting active, healthy living.
59. Lockheed Martin Company
- “Making your health, and the health of your family, a priority. It’s no secret that healthy people make fewer doctor visits. That’s why Lockheed Martin places such an emphasis on its health and wellness programs to encourage employees to take positive steps to improve their health and, when needed, get the right medical care.”
- Offers cash incentives towards employee’s HealthFund for healthy actions such as taking assessments, getting active, and taking health coaching
60. Best Buy Co, Inc.
- What employees get for working at Best Buy is based on a comprehensive Rewards strategy, which includes a combination of pay, benefits, work/life options and professional-development opportunities.
- If employees land a job on their Corporate Campus, they have access to a coffee shop, health club, bank, cafeteria, child care center, general store and more.
61. The Walt Disney Company
- Disney partners with parents in their quest to raise healthy, happy kids and they recognize their unique ability to help parents and kids agree on positive lifestyle choices.
- Make healthy living fun and joyful for parents and kids by drawing on Disney’s boundless creativity.
- They have addressed this opportunity through a number of initiatives including associating Disney brands and characters with a more nutritionally-balanced range of foods, offering healthier options at our parks, and using role models to inspire healthy lifestyles among kids.
- In 2006, Disney announced their Nutritional Guidelines intended to give parents and kids healthier eating options.
- They make an effort to work with licensees who offer a nutritious portfolio of food that kids enjoy and parents feel good about serving. Further, they aim to prioritize and promote wholesome foods such as fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy, whole grain, and lean proteins that contribute to a healthful diet.
- Focus on prioritizing and promoting fruits and vegetables, more than 1.7 billion servings of licensed fruits and vegetables have been sold in North America alone since 2006.
- Disney Parks & Resorts is affirming its commitment to kids’ health by offering healthier kids’ meals and expanding the healthy options available to all guests.
62. CHS, Inc.
- They offer medical, dental and vision insurance; a pension plan; 401(k) retirement plan and profit sharing; tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance.
- They believe in developing their employees through ongoing training opportunities.
- Their site says “Our commitment to helping our employees live the healthiest lives possible includes supporting all aspects of wellness such as physical, financial, social and emotional well-being.”.
63. Sysco Corporation
- Sysco is dedicated to providing healthy food choices for kids.
- Launched an industry-wide initiative called the Kids LiveWell (KLW) program to help parents and children select healthful menu options when dining out.
- Launch the Sysco Healthy And Positive Eating, or SHAPE, which represents a great opportunity to take a leadership position in promoting kids’ health and education around nutrition.
- Restaurants participating in the KLW program make it more convenient for busy parents to identify dining locations that offer healthy, nutritious and delicious meals for the pickiest of eaters.
- In a Sysco’s annual health fair, the SHAPE team decided to host the first annual Kids Healthy Recipe Contest.
- “If we teach children healthy habits and how to make healthy choices, and also equip their favorite restaurants with the tools and resources to serve them accordingly, we are on the right track”.
64. FedEx Corporation
- Since 1979, FedEx has supported the March of Dimes through participation in March for Babies.
- “FedEx Gives Back”, the FedEx Express Benefits Department hit a ‘hole-in-one’ by choosing to partner with the Memphis chapter of ‘The First Tee’, an organization that teaches children values and life lessons through the discipline of golf.
- FedEx offers a variety of programs designed to promote health and fitness, including five on-site wellness centers.
- Exercise classes and nutrition seminars.
- They believe that promoting a more active lifestyle is not only healthier; it has economic benefits too: Medical costs are 6 percent lower for wellness center members than for nonmember FedEx employees.
65. Merck & Co, Inc.
- As a global healthcare company, Merck is committed to helping our employees manage and improve their health and well-being.
- Some of their services and programs cover the continuum of care for those who are well, those at risk, those with acute or chronic illnesses, and those requiring complex or catastrophic care.
- Merck’s employee wellness initiative is branded as LIVE IT: Be Well at Merck. LIVE IT is an initiative that brings together all of Merck’s U.S. health and wellness offerings under one integrated platform and provides most U.S.-based employees and eligible family members with access to a broad suite of helpful health and wellness tools, programs and information.
- Merck provides a health and wellness website for U.S.-based employees and their dependents that features a personal health assessment questionnaire, online interactive health tools and information, health-coaching programs, and more.
- The website is designed to raise awareness about health issues and to motivate employees to manage and improve their health and well-being.
- To contribute to a healthy work culture, Merck works with their on-site food vendor at most of our U.S. facilities to increase the availability and visibility of healthy food choices and to raise awareness of proper nutrition. Employees also receive discounts for healthy food purchases. In addition, many Merck sites around the globe have cafeterias that offer healthy food options and nutrition education.
- Merck offers access to on-site fitness centers at several large U.S. facilities, as well as at other Merck/MSD facilities around the world. In the U.S., professional fitness managers organize programs and events to encourage employees to eat well, manage their weight, exercise, and participate in various fitness challenges and other special events.
66. INTL FCStone Inc
- Employees are offered a competitive benefits package, which offers wellness options.
- INTL FCStone’s strategy for employee wellness maximizes the experience of their workforce to yield high quality communication and strong financial results and this creates a passionate and dedicated workforce.
67. Safeway, Inc.
- Started a Healthy Measures program where they give insurance to employees based on their health behaviors.
- The better their health behaviors, the better their premiums and deductibles.
- The behavior categories they monitor are usage of tobacco, healthy weight, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Should they fail any or all tests, they can be tested again in 12 months. If they pass or have made appropriate progress on something like obesity, the company provides a refund equal to the premium differences established at the beginning of the plan year.
68. Johnson Controls, Inc.
- In the US, Johnson Controls offers their Employee Assistance Program with Ceridian Lifeworks.
- “Ceridian LifeWorks wellness programs help make employees healthier and more productive while reducing health care costs. LifeWorks wellness programs give your employees the tools, guidance and resources to address health risks and lead a healthy lifestyle.”
- LifeWorks wellness programs are designed to help employees identify risks and improve their health in a variety of ways, including:
- Health risk assessments
- Outreach and engagement services
- Health coaching online or by phone for:
- Tobacco cessation
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Online workshops and team challenges
- Online trackers for exercise and nutrition
- Incentive programs to encourage participation
69. Ingram Micro, Inc.
- Provide associates with basic insurance coverage including vision, dental, and medical coverage.
- They also provide the Employee Assistance Program to help with counseling for employees and their dependants.
- They hold Health and Wellness seminars and have guides for employees to access.
- Provide flu shots on site.
70. Plains GP Holdings, L.P.
- No information was found on Health/Fitness for employees.
71. World Fuel Services Corporation
- Have a gym inside their facilities for employees.
72. Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Their rewards program is one of the reasons why employees start a career with Prudential.
- The rewards program includes reduced fees for shopping, entertainment, fitness center membership, travel, and telephone service.
73. Humana, Inc.
- Humana’s health products and services provide personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for employees and their families.
- Following are their health and wellness benefits
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Supplemental health
- Long-term care
- Employee assistance program
- Personal health coaching
- On-site health screenings
- Flu shots
74. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- They provide wellness services and they vary from state to state.
- In their New York, New Jersey and Chicago offices, they have on- site fitness centers available for their employees, while in all other locations they reimburse fees paid for a fitness club membership or activity (up to a pre-approved amount).
75. Tesoro Corporation
- Along with Health insurance plans they have wellness program which offers reimbursements for fitness and weight management programs, encouraging employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
76. Liberty Mutual Holding Inc.
- Offers myPersonal Best, a wellness program for employees that promotes physical, emotional and financial health.
- Provides customized resources and information in:
- life balance
- preventive care
- condition management
- These resources help employees take charge of employee health and well-being.
77. Honeywell International Inc.
- Is currently getting sued by the government because it said that employees were getting fined if they or they spouses didn’t take biometric testing.
- Honeywell states its screening program is designed to encourage employees to live more healthier and thereby create lower health care costs for themselves and the company. The company said the program complies with health care-related laws, including the Affordable Care Act.
78. United Continental Holdings
- In 2013, opened the airline’s new employee health clinic at O’Hare International Airport. The clinic, managed by Walgreens, will serve a broad scope of employees’ health needs, such as urgent care for routine illness, travel and other immunizations including flu shots, prepackaged medications, job-related physical training and pre-employment physicals, at no cost to employees. The convenient access to these and other health care services is available to all United employees, including the more than 10,000 co-workers in the Chicago area.
- This marks the fifth workplace health clinic for United.
- “United’s new clinic is in line with Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s mission to encourage healthy habits for Chicago residents,” said Rosemarie S. Andolino, Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA). “This facility further demonstrates United’s commitment to its employees and investment here at O’Hare.”
- Their wellness program is designed to help U.S.-based, benefit-eligible employees make the right choices for their personal, financial and emotional well-being. Employees can even win prizes for participating in healthy activities throughout the year.
79. HCA Holdings Inc.
- HCA has partnered with H2U to offer the HCA Wellness Program — Life: Live it Well. This program offers the information, resources and support employees need to better manage their health.
- The HCA Wellness Program offers the opportunity to earn Wellness Credits in a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) when employees complete certain wellness activities within 30 days of their benefits effective date.
80. Deere & Company
- No info on any wellness and fitness benefits provided to employees.
81. Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Delta opened a new HealthCentral Rehabilitation facility, to provide employee injury-assessment services and physical therapy, provided by NovaCare Rehabilitation staff. The center also has a variety of cardiovascular and strength equipment, along with educational materials for employees.
- AHA and the Metropolitan Airports Commission established a 1.2-mile walking path in the airport. Employees who track and record their daily steps will be entered into a monthly prize drawing.
- They offer a state-of-the-art fitness center for employees working in or visiting the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The center occupies more than 10,000 square feet on the first floor of Delta’s Building.
- Farmer’s Market (June to September): Local Minnesota farmers sell their produce.
- The Step To It Challenge is a new physical activity challenge that Delta employees participated in. Delta was able to compete with various work sites within Hennepin County.
- Delta Health Rewards, an incentive program designed to raise awareness of the importance of achieving and maintaining good health and health habits. Participation in the program is an important step in identifying and acting upon health risk factors, i.e. taking care of ourselves. Through ongoing promotion and education, employees and spouses/same-sex domestic partners enrolled in Delta account-based medical options. Year one focuses on completion of an online health assessment, annual physical exam and tobacco-status response. Year two will offer incentives for biometric outcomes.
82. Oracle Corporation
- In many Oracle locations, employees have access to onsite fitness facilities or reduced membership rates at offsite health clubs. In some countries, employee’s health club fees and other related expenses are reimbursable or provided as a benefit.
- Oracle promotes employee health and wellness through a variety of initiatives such as health fairs, biometric screenings, flu shots, general health education, and the promotion of preventive care. Programs vary by country and region but align with Oracle’s overall goal to support employee’s well-being.
83. Morgan Stanley
- Morgan Stanley announced 2014 the launch of Healthy Cities, a philanthropy program designed to fuel innovation in coordinating the wellness, nutrition and play resources that can underpin a child’s healthy start in life.
- Through Healthy Cities, Morgan Stanley will collaborate with national and local nonprofit organizations to connect otherwise separate programs and create a linked package of wellness education and screenings, nutritious foods and safe play spaces for children in neighborhoods in need. The three-city initiative launched in 2014 in Chicago.
- Morgan Stanley will be working nationally with Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity, and KaBOOM!, a national nonprofit dedicated to bringing balanced and active play into the daily lives of all children.
84. Hess Corporation
- Hess promotes employee health through a variety of health management resources and tools focused on diet, nutrition, exercise and disease management.
- In December 2009, it was announced that Hess joined RedBrick’s Health Earnings System- which is a fully integrated platform for creating financial alignment between employers and employees around containing health care costs, while enabling both parties to benefit from improved health and productivity.
85. Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.
- Fitness Club Discounts.
- Fitness Centers (Fox Lot and Fox Plaza locations only).
- Discounted Food Services.
86. E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- No mention of fitness or wellness benefits on corporate website.
87. Sears Holding Corporation
- No mention of fitness or wellness benefits on corporate website.
88. New York Life Insurance Company
- On site fitness centers are offered at some of their locations, free of charge for employees.
- Walking trails offered in some of their facilities.
- Subsidized cafeterias.
89. Mondelez International Inc.
- They believe that to grow a successful business you need a healthy workforce.
- Lifestyle improvement programs, such as stress management, weight management and smoking cessation.
- Fitness and/or sports facilities onsite, incentives for gym membership reimbursement and employee sports competitions.
- Health screenings and exams, including vaccinations and flu shots.
- Healthier options and nutrition information in their cafeterias and canteens.
- Health newsletters/internet sites that offer health tips and work-life/flex time programs.
- Launched a “Work, Play, Live, Safe” program to encourage employees everywhere to make a commitment to being safe — whether at home, on the road, on the manufacturing floor or in the office.
- Believes that Safety and health improvement is an individual and team responsibility.
90. American Express Company
- Provides a Healthy Living Workplace Wellness Program that encompases worksites in 22 different countries.
- Employees receive on-site medical care, including dental, dermatological, and well woman exams.
- They’ve also teamed up with local farms to serve nutritious, sustainable meals (and providing lessons in making them at home).
- Hosted a health and safety fair involving the families so everyone benefited from information regarding preventing diseases and injuries.
- Received the 2011 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award.
- American Express received a Gold Award for its Healthy Living corporate wellness program that encourages preventive care and healthy lifestyles among American Express employees and their families.
- Improve health of employees and their dependents by encouraging positive health choices (physical, social, and financial).
91. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
- Provide onsite fitness centers at select locations.
- Employee discounts at certain National Fitness Centers.
- They offer health assessment, lifestyle behavior coaching, integrated absence/disability/workers’ compensation/disease management, health advocacy/education, consumer directed health care, occupational health clinics, walking programs, healthy dining options, free/discounted fitness centers and EAP/behavioral programs.
- Key components are:
- Commitment – Giving associates and retirees the support they need to live healthier and help them and Nationwide better control health care costs.
- Confidentiality – Assure associates and retirees that confidentiality is a priority. Nationwide does not have access to their individual health information.
- Culture of health – Create lasting behavioral change. Associates and retirees have the power to make a difference in their health and health care costs by the lifestyle choices they make.
- Nationwide employees were challenged to enhance their participation in the company’s My Health corporate wellness program, in return they voluntarily pledged donated $100,000 to support the fight against hunger.
92. The Allstate Corporation
- Allstate came up with a program called Destination: You, a program to track and motivate physical activity, to more than 10,000 Allstate employees nationwide.
- This positions Allstate as an industry leader taking progressive steps to help employees enhance their overall wellness through increased daily steps.
- Destination: You includes online education, workplace motivation, and incentives to boost activity through realistic goal-setting and tracking.
- The web-based program uses activity trackers to calculate their daily steps taken, distances walked and calories burned. The information is then uploaded in real time to a personal website that tracks and manages each employee’s physical activity and goals.
93. Tyson Foods, Inc.
- No wellness or fitness programs found.
94. Supervalu Inc.
- SUPERVALU provides employees with benefit programs, health assessments and screenings, educational resources and wellness incentives. Through these steps, employees are improving personal health and saving money by using health care more efficiently.
- They have on-site fitness centers at all their locations.
- They hosted a health fair and invited local doctors, community outreach centers, and nutrition and fitness experts.
- Includes on site smoking cessation programs and flextime rewards for individuals who recieve improved blood pressure screenings from their doctor.
- Living Well Health and Wellness Centers: On-site medical services in our Charlotte, Denver and New York facilities for preventive care, sick care, concierge pharmacy services, over-the-counter medications, injury support and more.
- Fitness Reimbursement Programs: Employees are eligible to receive up to 50% of the cost of an annual membership to a fitness center, up to $650 per year.
- Health Advocate: A free service to all employees, this independent organization deals directly with providers and insurance carriers to resolve administrative and clinical issues.
- Corporate Athletic Program: TIAA-CREF supports up to six sports per site
96. Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- MassMutual medical coverage helps employees and their spouses and domestic partners become more aware of their current health status, and provides opportunities to learn about healthy behaviors and participate in health-related activities.
- Financial incentives are part of the wellness program. Eligible employees who complete applicable programs receive money in their health savings account.
97. CIGNA Corporation
- Up to 60% off a variety of health and wellness products and services such as eyewear, hearing aids, acupuncture, chiropractic services, tobacco cessation, weight management, massage therapy, and much more.
- Provides an Employee Discount Program, which offers employees significant savings at national retailers and thousands of local providers, helping to save them time and money.
- On site health centers are available to treat routine medical issues (i.e., minor injuries, sinus infections) and offer a variety of services. Some examples include allergy injections, blood pressure monitoring, educational resources, flu vaccines, mammography screenings and on-site primary care.
- CIGNA employees can take advantage of their on-site fitness center. They have a variety of cardiovascular and strength-training equipment available to them, separate studios for exercise classes and wellness lectures, on-site physical therapy and fully equipped locker room facilities with a range of amenities, all at a low rate.
- DIRECTV offers Flexible Spending Accounts and Wellness Employee Assistance programs.
- Employees have access to benefit plans and wellness programs that support healthy lifestyle choices to feel good, work better and live well.
99. General Dynamics Corporation
- NutriSystem and Weight Watchers Reimbursement Program.
- They provide healthy talk podcasts for employees.
- They have a healthy and wellness information page on their website with information on obesity and overweight to educate their employees on leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Employees and their dependants are able to take a Health Appraisal.
100. Philip Morris International
- Sports and recreation at their facilities.
- Subsidized meals at the company canteen.
- Onsite nursing/feeding/mothers’ room.
- Philip Morris International was awarded the Top Employers Europe 2015 and Top Employers Polska 2015 certification.
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!