If you’re having trouble keeping up with your beyond-the-bedroom-door workout, we created a list of ten tricks that can improve your performance. Flexibility and strength play key roles in keeping the game fresh and invigorating, so why just do it when you can really do it?
Here are the Top 10 from Health Fitness Revolution and author of the book ReSYNC Your Life Samir Becic:
- Hip Thrusts – No matter what position you prefer, a strong, controlled thrust is important. Doing hip thrust exercises will help you get comfortable with the motions and aid in increasing your mobility and range of motion. Stronger thrusts means better orgasms.
- Lunges – Lunges will increase blood flow to your pelvic region, enhancing your experience in the bedroom. Lunges in general are great for building strength, endurance, mobility, balance and core stability. They’ll help out with your performance by providing a dose of balance and hip flexor mobility, both of which are important when engaging in sexual activity. Doing lunges may also help you build your endurance, allowing you to keep at it a bit longer.
- Squats – Squats increase blood flow to the pelvic region, which may energize your libido to make orgasms more intense. They’re an incredible exercise for enhancing sex because doing squats will strengthen your lower body for a more powerful thrust whether you’re top or bottom.
- Push-Ups – Push-ups provide increased endurance and strengthen your upper body and core. If you commit to doing them regularly, you’ll notice a difference in your ability to maintain a strong thrust and your overall core and upper-body strength during sex. A few push-ups a day can go a long way and help you last longer in the bedroom.
- Reclined Butterfly Pose – It’s important to pay close attention to the muscles that are constantly being stretched and challenged during sexual activity. The reclined butterfly pose is an important stretch that will help to loosen up your inner thighs and your hips. By adding the butterfly stretch to your workout, you’ll be strong, loosened up and ready for action!
- Plank Pose – Holding plank pose is one of the most effective ways to increase endurance and stamina in the bedroom. Doing planks help to strengthen your core, which helps to improve thrust and supports your back to prevent injury. If you actively engage each of your muscle groups while in plank position, your whole body will see noticeable improvement and you’ll increase your overall endurance levels.
- Kegels – Kegels are a great sex exercise for both men and women. They improve endurance and control by toning and strengthening your PC muscles, which are the muscles that allow you to stop the flow of urine midstream. Kegels also help to strengthen the perineal muscles, which are the muscles that support erectile rigidity and provide the power behind ejaculation. Kegels are recommended to not only improve pelvic health issues but to enhance sex life. They are an important exercise in maintaining control and establishing more intense orgasms. They can help alleviate erectile dysfunction, and men can delay ejaculation by contracting these muscles just before orgasm.
- Stability-ball crunches – This form of crunches improves balance and stability while strengthening your core. A stronger core improves your thrusting ability and strengthens your back (which can often be injured during sex), while improving your ability to balance in a variety of sex positions. Plus, ball crunches simulate those times when you are not on top.
- Seated straddle stretch – In this day and age people spend most of their time sitting, whether it’s in the car commuting to work or at a desk or on a couch, many of the muscles below the waist are being constricted. Doing a straddle stretch will loosen things up, bringing blood flow back to the pelvic and groin region which means increased sensation and better orgasms. It’s also an excellent inner-thigh stretch, which will allow you to do some more adventurous positions in the bedroom.
- Interval training – You can do intervals pretty much anywhere: outside on the track, using the stairs inside your home or on a treadmill, or even bicycling through your neighborhood, there are so many options. Doing interval training will increase your stamina and endurance keep you going longer for better sexual performance.