We all know jumping out of an aircraft 1,000-4,000 meters above ground can be an exhilarating experience. But that isn’t the only effect skydiving can leave you with. This fun activity can be a great experience to get away from reality just for a few minutes, helps burn calories, and it can also be a great stress reliever.
Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Skydiving:
- Stress relief: According to recent research, trying high-risk activities is crucial for the continuation of our species. The great thing about skydiving is that you focus on exactly what is happening at the moment and nothing else. For a few minutes you forget all your worries in the world or any kind of stress you may have in your daily lives. This intense activity helps you focus and feel cleansed mentally.
- Strength development: Skydiving requires you to have great strength overall. Carrying the weight of the skydiving gear can not only burn calories but also tone your muscles. Once in the air and releasing the parachute, controlling the parachute itself also requires a lot of arm strength. To have a safe landing one must also have great lower body strength.
- Mental benefits: Adrenaline is a necessary component for the fight or flight mechanism, and is better for overall health. The feeling of adrenaline rush leaves you feeling excited and electrified, which in turn gives you more energy. Skydiving also requires you to focus and have control over your mind. The adrenaline not only helps you with focus but also makes you more aware of your surroundings.
- Confidence boost: Skydiving can be a life changing experience for everyone. After skydiving you will notice something different about yourself, some become more open-minded and confident in themselves for even trying something as daring as this activity.
- Conquer your fears: Skydiving is a very thrilling and extreme activity. It leaves you with a confidence that helps you realize you are stronger than you believed you were. After skydiving you gain a type of courage that allows you to do anything you set your mind to.
- Push your limits: Skydiving is considered an extreme sport because it is a very thrilling yet challenging experience. Falling off an aircraft can be a bit terrifying for anyone. Being able to conquer this activity, you will be able to overcome any other challenges that life throws at you.
- Burns calories: Due to the immense adrenaline rush throughout the activity, this sport can bun a lot of calories. According to research, skydiving burns 230 calories per hour for an average 150-pound person.
- New perspective on life: Challenging yourself to take risks and try new things is how you learn something new everyday. When you take the “big leap,” you realize that life isn’t as dangerous and scary as you thought. Skydiving will give you a new perspective that nothing in life is impossible to conquer.
- Beautiful view of life: When you are thousands of feet up in the air, the view is so different from what you could ever imagine. You believe that your worries and all other stress factors are so small compared to the rest of the world. The intense feeling of freedom, both physically and mentally, is something that you can take with you even after the skydiving experience.
- Exciting activity: The immediate rush you get before, during and even after the activity will leave you feeling pumped with energy. This helps you look into other activities of daily life with a more positive and upbeat attitude.
Read more of our Top 10 Articles here
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!