Not all fats are created equal. We have been taught by decades of diet fads that “fat-free” is the way to go, but I’m here to bust that myth! These healthy fats are good for you so eat them up. Yum!
There are BAD fats, and then there are GOOD fats. Bad fats increase cholesterol and your risk of several diseases, whereas good fats protect your heart and support overall health. Even more essential, good fats—such as omega-3 fats—are imperative to maintaining physical and emotional health.
Here are 10 essential GOOD fats to incorporate into your diet:
- Raw Nuts (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, cashews, etc)
- Coconut Milk
- Olive Oil
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
- Wild Fish (salmon, herring, etc)
- Vegetable Oil (Coconut Oil, Peanut Oil, Walnut Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil)
- Flax seeds and flax seed oil