Omega-3 refers to omega-3 fatty acids. Fatty acids are the building blocks of fats, which are vital nutrients. Omega-3 is used to regulate blood clotting, build cell membranes and cell health. It’s polyunsaturated, which makes it a heart-healthy fat that help reduce blood triglycerides (fats) and low-density lipoprotein (LDL), also known as bad cholesterol.
Here are some more health reasons to include more Omega-3 fatty acids into your healthy nutrition routine:
- They Curb Depression: Studies have that omega 3 oils can decrease the symptoms of depression. Most research points to the EPA and DHA as the factors that contribute to getting you in a better mood. Omega 3 oils have also been effective for new moms with postpartum depression. The process of pregnancy can leave a mom pretty depleted of many nutrients and omega 3 oils is one that can help once the baby is born.
- 90% of us are Deficient: At least 90% of the population do not get enough Omega-3’s. Omega-3 is called an essential fatty acid: It’s essential to health, and because the human body doesn’t produce it, it’s essential in the diet. So let’s all vow eat more fish, avocados, coconut oil, flax seeds, etc.
- They Make Skin Supple, Soft, and Healthy: Omega-3’s are essential for healthy skin. Using these oils internally can help build strong and plump skin cells that give you a glow that no cosmetic can match.
- They Make Your Brain Sharper: 60% of our brain is fat and the majority of that are essential fatty acids. So if you’re deficient, then you’re brain just won’t work properly.
- They Ease Joint Pain and Inflammation: While inflammation is a normal part of the body’s immune response, research indicates that it also underlies a host of serious illnesses, including cardiovascular diseases, cancers and autoimmune diseases. Omega-3’s alleviate inflammation and thus joint pain as well.
- Prevent Some Types Of Cancer: because inflammation is part of the cause of certain cancers, because Omega-3’s reduce inflammation, they also reduce the risk of cancer.
- Boost your Immune System: as mentioned above, if you can reduce inflammation, you also can boost your inflammation. By reducing the inflammation in the body, you also increase immune system efficiency. Increasing omega-3 fatty acids will give you a higher amount of eicosanoids which are responsible for regulating immune and inflammation responses.
- Lower your risk of heart disease: Omega 3 oils have been shown to lower triglycerides which are fats in the blood. Lower fat in the blood allows your hormones to function properly and keeps your arteries safe from potential clogging.