Handball a fast paced game with similarities to basketball and netball. It was first played as an Olympic sport in Berlin in 1936. It is a team sport in which two teams of seven players each (six outfield players and a goalkeeper on each team) pass a ball to throw it into the goal of the other team. A standard match consists of two periods of 30 minutes, and the team that scores more goals wins.
Here is Health Fitness Revolution‘s list of the Health Benefits of Playing Handball:
- Improves arm muscles and upper body strength.
- Develops agility of hands and feet, with sudden changes of pace and direction required.
- Boosts the body’s flexibility.
- Improves mental focus and self-confidence.
- Provides the body with a good cardiovascular workout, feeding more oxygen to the muscles via the bloodstream.
- Great Cross-training for Other Sports: Whether your primary sport emphasizes endurance, agility, coordination or quickness, handball will maintain or improve on what you’ve got.