Health Fitness Revolution is pleased to announce that Kimberly Fuller will be contributing healthy versions of our favorite recipes!
Roasted Lamb and Apricot Stew
If you already have a roasted leg, this is perfect. If you don’t, see *notes below.
- 2lbs roasted leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1 Tble macadamia nut oil (or your favorite higher heat oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tble tomato paste
- 2 Tble honey
- 1 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 14oz low-sodium vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for several minutes stirring frequently. Add red pepper, garlic, cinnamon and cumin and continue to sauté for about 1 more minute.
- Stir in honey and tomato paste. Stir frequently for about 30 seconds
- Add lamb, apricots and broth to pot. Bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until flavors have thoroughly blended, stirring occasionally.
*Notes: If your lamb is not already roasted, start with the next several instructions:
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle your trimmed and cubed lamb evenly with 1/4 tsp salt. Add lamb to pot and sauté 4-5 minutes turning to brown on all sides. Remove lamb from pan. Pick up with #2 on instructions above.
Can be served with 1/2 cup of cooked Brown Rice or Quinoa.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Calories – 363
Fat – 19.5g
Carbs – 19.6g
Protein – 26.4g