Are you tired of having the same thing for breakfast everyday? Does your breakfast leave you feeling hungry just a short time after you eat? Then eating a few eggs for breakfast each day would be good for you! There are so many different ways to make eggs that you won’t be eating the same thing everyday. Not to mention eggs have amazing health benefits as well.
Here are the Health Fitness Revolution team’s top 10 health benefits of eating eggs:
- High in Protein and Amino Acids: One large egg contains 6 grams of protein as well as all of the essential amino acids, so our bodies will be able to make full use of the protein.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: If you eat organic or omega 3 enriched eggs then you will be consuming even more Omega 3 Fatty Acids, but even non organic eggs contain large amounts of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. These fatty acids are good for the heat and help reduce triglycerides in the blood.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: These nutrients are antioxidants that help to counteract the degenerative processes that affect our eyes. Studies show that consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients can reduce the risks of cataracts and other common eye disorders.
- Contain Choline: Many people do not get enough choline in their diet and one eggs contains about 300 micrograms of choline. This nutrient is very underrated and plays an important role in regulating the brain, the nervous system and the cardiovascular system.
- Vitamin D: Eggs are one of the only food that contains naturally occurring Vitamin D.
- May prevent breast cancer: Studies show that women who eat at least 6 eggs a week lower their risk of developing breast cancer by 44%
- Promote healthy hair and nails: Eggs have a high sulphur content and contain many vitamins and minerals.
- Raise HDL: High Density Lipoprotein also known as the “Good Cholesterol”. People with higher levels of HDL can reduce their risks of heart disease, stroke and other health problems. Eating 2 eggs a day for 6 weeks can raise HDL levels by around 10%
- Highly Fulfilling: Eggs are a high protein food so they will leave you feeling full for a longer period of time.
- Eggs are convenient: Not only are eggs easy to make, but there are a ton of different ways to make them!
Easy Ways to Eat Eggs
– make an omelet with some fresh veggies
– Scrambled Eggs
– Hard Boiled Eggs- make a great snack throughout the day and can keep in the fridge for a week
Health Fitness Revolution by Samir Becic Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, to make the world a healthier, fitter place, please donate!