The elliptical machine (also called elliptical trainer, glider machine, and cross trainer) is a piece of exercise equipment designed for a user to run, walk, or climb without putting any pressure on their joints. What’s great about ellipticals is that they are easy on the joints, unlike treadmills, and can be used for cardio and rehabilitation! They work both the upper and lower body and can help prevent osteoporosis since they are considered weight bearing. Since elliptical machines provide low-impact aerobic activity, they can be a good alternative to running or jogging for someone who has joint pain due to arthritis. Here are our 10 elliptical picks on Amazon:
Schwinn Fitness 430 Elliptical $799
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals
- 22 preset workout programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth, quiet workouts
- Dual Track 2 LCD screen displays offer increased visibility to programs and goal tracking
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Cardio Climber Cross Trainer Machine with Stepping Motion $463
- Confidently enjoy long-lasting climbing and striding sessions when you exercise on the steel climber frame that has a user weight limit of 260 lbs.
- This versatile machine combines the best of stepping and striding in one intense movement. Climb to a vertical height of 9 inches and stride a horizontal distance of 5 inches.
- Perfect for shared spaces, it has a smooth belt-drive mechanism that makes minimal noise during your workout. Engage the 14 lb inertia-ready flywheel to perform challenging strides and climbs with ease.
- Monitor how hard you work out when you measure your heart rate by grabbing onto the integrated pulse sensors, which can also be used for additional support while exercising.
- Monitor your progress when you track your time, RPM, speed, distance, calories, and pulse. Packed with extra goal-oriented functions, it has a calendar, clock, and thermometer. Product dimensions- 44 L x 25 W x 64 H inches
Bowflex Max Trainer Series $1,899
- Introducing Bowflex JRNY, the personalized coaching technology that integrates with your M8 to create daily, custom workouts that automatically adjust time and intensity as your fitness improves. (JRNY App subscription required.)
- Whether you’ve got 4 minutes to burn or 30, Max automatically adjusts to make even the shortest workouts count
- Max combines the full-body, low-impact motion of an elliptical with the calorie-burning power of a stepper to help you torch calories
- At a fraction of the size of most ellipticals and treadmills, this space-saving machine easily rolls into nearly any corner of your home
- Interactive full color backlit display and magnetic media rack for tablet or smartphone
- Bluetooth heart rate compatible and integrated contact grips
- Discover 50+ global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed with Explore the World video (JRNY Membership required)
- Multi-grip, dynamic handles
Nautilus Elliptical Series $1,099
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools
- Explore the world and discover 50+ global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed (Explore the World subscription required)
- 20″ Precision Path stride length for a variety of users
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
snode Magnetic Elliptical Machines $549
- This elliptical machine comes with an electric magnetic control system. It is driven by high quality durable belt. This equipment provides smooth and quiet operation.
- Track your workout data through the digital monitoring. It displays time, speed, distance, calories, program and pulse. Connect via the free iConsole+ App via Bluetooth.
- Cross crank structures and oversized anti-slip pedals provide stability and safety when you are training. Weight capacity is up to 265 lbs.
- Equipped with a 13 lbs magnetic control flywheel which can bring strong inertia to strengthen your muscles. Provide 32 levels adjustable resistance for different users and unique fitness goals.
- Easy to store and move. Equipped with pulse sensors, bottle holder, tablet holder and transport wheels.
Cubii JR1 Seated Under Desk Elliptical $249
- Leading compact and ergonomic mini elliptical that lets you workout or rehab while you sit at home or the office.
- The smooth gliding motion can be switched between 8 resistance levels to increase desk exercise as you gain strength.
- Enjoy your favorite show, read your current book, and stay productive at work all while you Cubii without the worry of distraction, it is super quiet!
- The digital monitor allows you to keep up with your progress by tracking calories burned, strides pedaled, distance traveled, and more!
- The Cubii under desk elliptical allows you to move a little more and burn calories while you pedal at home in the living room or in office at your desk.
NICEDAY Elliptical Machine $599
- NICEDAY Elliptical Trainer is designed with 90% pre-assembled, old and females can finish installation within 30 mins, very friendly to every home exerciser.
- Equipped with bigger pedals, physical handlebar, and the 15.5” stride, workout experience is almost equivalent to a light commercial-grade ellipticals. All family members can join in the exercise today!
- Includes the latest technology magnetic system and eliminates noise, also controls the sound at 20DB. No disturbing working, reading, and sleeping at home.
- Provides double resistance levels than the ordinary product, smooth feeling thanks to 16lb flywheel and high gear ratio, no need for any electrical source. All stages exerciser can get efficient exercise with different resistance, no matter you are beginner or fanatic.
- The NICEDAY’s main frame is made of the 8*5CM extra-thicken commercial steel pipe. The heavy-duty base contributes outstanding stability and loading capacity. It is for a long-term exercise workout, not those simple products for only a few months’ use.
- The digital monitor displays TIME, SPEED, DISTANCE, CALORIES, and PULSE. All data is dual-calibrated by serious algorithms, which will make you clear about your exercise effect to make a more exact training schedule to achieve your exercise goal.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E902 Air Walk Trainer Elliptical Machine Glider $99
- Provides an aerobic workout, giving you all the benefits of stretching, walking, running, cross-country, skiing and aerobic dancing without jarring impacts or damaging movements to your body.
- The non-slip pedals will help simulate a slow walk or work up to a full run while maintaining a continuous motion capability without interruption. Maximum weight capacity is 220 Ibs with 45 inch stride length
- The air Walker exercise machine targets muscles in your arms as well as your legs. When you maintain an upright posture on the machine, your abdominal muscles will work as stabilizing muscles increasing your stability and endurance
- When not in Use, easily fold the product and pedals up to 1/2 the length (15L x 19W x 61. 5H)
- Informative LCD monitor displays time, count, total Distance and calories. Step up your comfort with the adjustable abdominal pad. Move it up and down to ensure proper support and placement
- Increases cardio respiratory fitness, which is one of the 5 essential components of physical fitness. With just 20 minutes sustained in the air Walker it can help you lose, control or maintain your weight
Fitness Reality E5500XL Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Comfortable 18″ Stride $379
- 24 levels of smooth Magnetic Tension resistance. 21 Computer pre-set Workout Programs
- 3 Computer goal workout settings: distance, time and calories burned
- Backlit LCD Computer displays distance, time, RPM, calories burned, speed, pulse, odometer and Watts
- A Double Transmission system results in increased momentum and a smoother striding motion
- An 18 inch smooth elliptical stride length provides a comfortable and full range work out without any strain on the knees or ankles
Best Fitness Body-Solid Elliptical Trainer (BFE2) $1,425
- Compact elliptical trainer great for smaller spaces
- Synchronized arms combine upper- and lower-body movements for a total-body workout
- Low center of gravity and balanced frame eliminates rocking
- 12 preset programs let you customize your workout
- 16 Levels of Resistance
- Measures 48 by 30 by 66 inches (L x W x H); weighs 182 pounds