Continuing our lists of the top fittest celebrities, politicians and other influential figures that made national and world news, we are now bringing you the Top Fittest Late Night Talk Show Hosts!
Samir Becic, 4 times Number 1 Fitness Trainer in the world and the Health Fitness Revolution team researched all the available data on late night talk show hosts online and narrowed it down to these 10. We used a combination of interviews, internet, library, industry literature, and Samir Becic’s knowledge of over 33 years in athletics coupled with his experience as 4 times Number 1 Fitness Trainer in the World.
It’s definitely not easy to be healthy and fit when your career keeps you busy with early call times and a hectic schedule. These late night talk show hosts are a great example to their fans and viewers because they not only promote healthy lifestyle, but they live it- by example. On our quest to find the fittest, HFR came across many hosts that looked very fit but since we could not find any information about their healthy lifestyle, it made them ineligible for the list. We hope that those hosts that are fit will begin promoting it more and that those that made this list continue to be great examples!
Here are the Top 10 Fittest Late Night Talk Show Hosts:
- NASA named the space station treadmill after him: Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill (COLBERT)
- Jokes that his daily routine involves:
- a protein shake thrown in the face of a jaguar
- Crab walks for 25 miles and stabs a mountain
- Finishes up with self flagellation and some catapult work
- Attended the 2014 Shape & Men’s Fitness Super Bowl Party
- Practices yoga
- “The Colbert Report” sponsored the US Speedskating team at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
- Colbert tied with Matthew McConaughey in 2009 for Yoga Dork’s sexiest male celebrity yogi
- Upon learning the US Speed Skating team had lost their sponsor — a banking firm that went belly up in the financial meltdown — Colbert rallied his fans to donate the necessary $300,000 to the team using his TV show, The Colbert Report, as a fundraising platform and to simultaneously cheerlead the less popular Winter Olympic Games.
- Dropped 30 pounds as part of his New Years Resolution 2005 and has kept it off
- He said “As I entered my 30s, I wanted to eat healthy and be healthy”
- He said he needed to get focused in work and in life
- Cites the California weather as an easy motivator for him
- WebMD named him among their 2014 Health Heroes for his work with creating gardening space for kids in Brooklyn to encourage them to grow- and eat- healthy fruits and vegetables within their “concrete jungle”
- Has done SoulCycle
- Frequently bikes around Santa Monica
- The first lady, Michelle Obama, challenged him to a fitness competition on his show and though he lost (in a funny way), he stays very healthy in order to keep up with his hectic schedule.
- He drinks green juices that are a mixture of spinach, parsley, and to quote the comedian “God knows what else is in it.”
- He takes daily fish oil supplements, eats salads, and trains regularly with a trainer.
- Fallon is treating his new duties like a boxer training to go extra rounds. (Cue Rocky music here.)
- These days the comedian sleeps more, goes out less, and takes care of himself- because he realizes that without the host, the Tonight Show’s 200+ performances cannot go on!
- Chelsea Handler didn’t grow up knowing how to eat healthy- and she spent years yo-yo dieting because of her choices- because she didn’t know any better.
- Now she enjoys living, and eating healthy.
- Eats fresh wholesome foods-avoiding anything processed-whenever possible.
- Her day typically begins with a bowl of oatmeal mixed with a scoop of protein powder and a spoonful of ground flax seeds. Turkey and an arugula salad with shaved Parmesan (no dressing) is always her mid morning snack, and for lunch, she usually has sushi.
- Although she’s always been active, Chelsea says finding a workout she loves-and can commit to-has been a huge challenge- she’s tried yoga, and gets bored on the treadmill, but pilates, however, has been just the right fit. “It’s been the most gentle on my body,” says Chelsea. “I’m longer and leaner and much more graceful. I can honestly say it’s changed my body-and my life.”
- *Note: Although we know her E! talk show was cancelled last year, in 2016 she will launch her new talk show on Netflix, making her the only woman late night talk show host.
- Quick drinking in 2003
- Lost 40 lbs since then
- Said he had reached a low point in his life and started exercising, eating better, and stopped making excuses
- “I humbly place my lowpoint at your feet and tell you that if you’re thinking about making improvements in your life, TODAY IS THE DAY TO START. Quitting drinking, starting exercising, eating better, pursuing your passion, hugging more puppies–whatever it is. Don’t think about it. Just do it. Over-thinking the “hows” and “why comes” will put you in a neverending loop of inactivity. You have the power and ability to change the future with a simple “pro-you” decision.”
- Uses a treadmill desk to stay fit
- He installed a treadmill desk in his office in 2012. “I read somewhere that sitting all day can cut 15 or 20 years off your life,” he explains. “It’s worse than smoking. We weren’t meant to sit this much,”
- Often mocks fad diets and workouts on his show
- Has been said to workout for hours everyday to maintain his physique.
- He even released his workout playlist for the app Rdio, which he says helps keep him motivated.
- Regularly cycles, with many paparazzi pictures of him frequently cycling.
- On a recent episode of Chelsea Lately (who is also on this list!) a shirtless Conan looked trim and fit- which shows that he clearly has a healthy dose of fitness in his daily routine.
- Played soccer in college
- Coached a high school soccer team
- Was a puppeteer for children with disabilities
- On his show he has talked about American Healthcare system, and the health of American people in general
- Although he recently stepped down from the Daily Show, at the time we researched this list, he was still hosting a late night talk show.
- Is a runner, runs about 4 times a week
- Endures in weight training 3 days per week
- Enjoys drinking juice in the morning because of it’s health benefits
- Tries to eat every 4 hrs, does not believe in dieting
- Cycled at the 2012 Cycle For Survival
- Inspired by cancer survivors, and frequently touts the motto of not giving up!
- Although information of his personal health and fitness routine is not readily available, he was pictured in this month’s Rolling Stone posing with a cricket bat.
- He made our list because he frequently makes the American people question their health and nutrition standards, such as the atrocious chicken industry standards, Dr. Oz’s show, and the unethical sugar industry. He plays an important role in raising health and nutrition awareness.