Have you ever wondered how the warm voices on the radio spend their time off-air? How do they stay refreshed for every new show on your morning and afternoon commute? Many radio personalities make time to exercise so they have the energy to perform every day.
Last year, Mayor Sylvester Turner appointed Samir Becic as Houston’s official “Fitness Czar” to help change the city’s reputation as one of the “fattest cities in America”. Since then, Samir has been working non-stop to make Houston one of the healthiest and fittest cities in the US. He also wrote the Amazon best-selling book “ReSYNC Your Life” based on his signature and highly effective ReSYNC training method.
This is why the Health Fitness Revolution team, along with our founder Samir, have undertaken the task of ranking the healthiest and fittest among notorious and famous Houstonians who promote a healthy lifestyle to their followers and fans. Promoting those in the public eye are leading by example and are a cornerstone to building a healthier community. Here are the Top 10 Fittest Radio Personalities in Houston in alphabetical order:
Kiotti Brown – The Box
- Plays basketball
- Regularly goes to the gym
- Likes to weight train
- Posts his workout routines to FaceBook and shares them on his Instagram Stories
- Enjoys boxing – he even trains some of his friends
Kevin Kline – Country 93Q
- Ultra-endurance running is his fundraising platform.
- He ran over 165 marathons or longer distance races in 36 of our 50 states and on 4 of the 7 continents.
- He ran a 106-mile race last year.
- Won a 56-mile race this year.
- Likes to run and runs regularly.
- “As someone who battles depression, I have come to view running as the best and cheapest form of medicine for me” – Kevin Kline
- The longest race he ever participated in was the UltraMilano Sanremo race in 2017. He ran 178.5 miles in 47 hours 28 minutes and was the only American to officially complete the race and was 13th overall.
- Ran the 482 miles from Dallas to Waco to Austin to San Antonio to Houston in 13 days.
- His fastest race was 100 miles in 23:15
- He runs 70-80 miles per week and boxes.
- He works out 6 days a week.
- Skips lunch every day in order to get his body to use fat reserves.
- Eats extremely healthy and low carbs.
Keisha Nicole – The Box
View this post on Instagram
Aye!! Walking into work & turning up with #TheBestDamnAtWorkParty like 🤸🏾♀️😂 I’m live @979thebox 10-3p (Don’t try this at the gym 😩. I almost fell) My hype man @hardbodykiotti 😂 . . . Blowing out Universal Circus tix, money & more + @robgthegeneral #BestDamnLunchMixPeriod #CatchMeIfYouCan @nineinnovations @tydollasign
- Eats pescatarian
- Hits the gym 3-4 times a week
- Works out with other athletes and trainers
- Was an athlete in her youth playing multiple sports
- Takes Spin classes
- Drinks celery juice first thing in the morning
- For breakfast, she has an açaí bowl
- Lunch consists of some sort of salad
- Dinner is usually fish and a vegetable side
Joel and Victoria Osteen – Sirius Radio
- “We really don’t need a miracle; we need a lifestyle change. We need to develop better habits to take care of our temple” – Joel
- “Decide today to take care of your temple. Don’t put things in that you know shouldn’t be in. Limit the sugars. Limit the caffeine. Drink more water. Eat more fruits and vegetables and don’t live off of these packaged lunchmeats. Eat more organic when you can. More baked and less fried.” – Joel
- Both weight train.
- Joel replaces sugars with fruit.
- Work out 3-4 times a week.
- Receive personal training 2 times a week.
- Victoria’s workouts incorporate the use of treadmill, bicycle, elliptical and strength training.
- Worked out together at the gym even before they were married. Spent a lot of time at the gym.
- Eats healthy foods, and also teaches kids about healthy eating habits as well.
Sarah Pepper – Mix 96.5
- Really into juicing.
- Follows a paleo diet.
- Loves tri-sprinting.
- Has completed the BP MS150 7 times.
- Pre-baby she ran four times a week and cycled once a week.
- Post-baby she enjoys long walks.
- Plays with her three-month-old daughter.
- Uses the radio station gym after her shows.
- She has loved cycling since she was 6 and hopes to pass that love along to her daughter.
- Focuses on eating healthy in order to maintain her energy levels
- “Eating bad food makes you sluggish and tired and as a single parent. There is no room for tired. I do it just as much for me as I do for her.” -Sarah Pepper
K G Smooth – The Box
- Hits the gym at least 3-4 times a week.
- A typical warm-up consists of doing 3 sets of 10 squats.
- Then chest 3 of 7 on the bench press.
- After that, he rows.
- Then he works on his triceps and biceps.
- After that, he works on abs.
- For cool down, he does walking lunges and hits the pool for a few laps.
- A typical breakfast for him is two hardboiled eggs, avocado, and oatmeal.
- His lunch is typically an açaí bowl or a tuna sandwich.
Tim Tuttle – 93Q
- Every other day Tim begins with a 22-minute speed walk at 4.4 mph.
- He follows that with 6 sets of a full-body (chest-back-biceps-triceps-shoulders-legs), mostly dumbbell workout.
- Uses weights that are heavy enough to only be able to do 6-10 reps.
- He takes each rep/exercise to failure.
- In between his intense workouts, Tim speed walks for thirty minutes at 4.6 mph.
- He minimizes sugar and carb intake.
- Focuses on portion control, with multiple small meals a day and drinks tons of water.
Dana Tyson – Sunny 99.1
- Wakes up at 3:30 am to walk her dogs and exercise.
- Does 7-minute planks and 5-minute wall sits to start her radio day.
- Enjoys skiing with her family.
- Shaved her head in support of St. Judes Children Hospital.
- Is active during her home renovations.
DJ Shante Williams – 93.7 The Beat
View this post on Instagram
Listen 👏🏽 I ain’t never been so motivated to workout until I linked up with @ericajoi not only am I tryna get my body like hers, she’s consistent and super motivating. She don’t play and we WORK 💪🏽 I’m super grateful || Gimmie a couple months bc this transformation is COMINNGGGGG! Follow her and @fit.goddess.training 🏋🏽♀️ 🔥 #thickfit
- HIIT trains
- Trains 5 days a week at Muscle Heads Gym
- Diet is pretty basic and strict: only eats lean chicken or turkey with wild or brown rice
- Eats a lot of vegetables- her favorite is brussels sprouts
- Drinks several protein shakes throughout the day
- Stays hydrated on coconut water or at least 3 liters of alkaline water a day
- In 6 months she went from 185 to her current weight 170
J Mac Worldwide – The Box
- Likes running
- Runs about 9 miles a week
- J Mac is vegan
- Works out 4 times a week
- Hits the gym
- He does HIIT workouts
- Weight trains