Don’t let the “red light” of this treatment fool you! Rather than UV light that harms the skin, infrared therapy is a safe, new, and innovative way to help treat pain and inflammation in the body. Its penetrating rays allow the light to target deep layers of the skin, allowing for powerful, yet painless pain relief!
- Potential Cancer Treatment: Studies show that in a lab setting, implementing infrared technology in the activation of nanoparticles forms a highly toxic substance that can be used to combat surrounding cancer cells. This idea is translated into a treatment called photoimmunotherapy, which uses infrared light to activate the rapid and selective killing of cancer cells.
- Alleviates Muscle Injuries: Infrared therapy improves the role and effectiveness of mitochondria by targeting cells directly. This works in triggering the growth and repair of new muscle cells and tissues. In other words, infrared light can accelerate the body’s repair process after a muscle injury.
- Helps Pain & Inflammation: Infrared therapy penetrates through the layers of the skin, deep down to muscles, joints, and bones. This therapy also works to enhance and improve circulation in the skin and within the body. Additionally, it works to bring oxygen and nutrients to injured tissues, promoting healing in such areas.
- Helps Detoxify the Body: Treatments, such as an infrared sauna, allow the body’s core temperature to increase and helps to promote detoxification in the body at the cellular level. Detoxification is important in supporting the body’s immune system, while also promoting better digestion.
- Promotes Immune Health: Emphasis of immune health is especially important during our current pandemic. During infrared therapy, the energy produced by cells helps in regulating the thyroid and positively affects their immune cells. Also, it helps stimulate the lymphatic system and increases the form of energy that cells use, known as ATP, for cells to replicate faster and fight infections better.
- Improves Skin Health and Appearance: As our bodies absorb natural wavelengths of red and infrared light, the mitochondria in our cells can produce energy more efficiently. This energy allows your fibroblast cells to create more natural collagen, making your skin appear healthier and younger-looking.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: In combination with infrared light, nitric oxide is a vital, cell-signaling molecule that helps relax arteries, battles free radicals to reduce oxidative stress, prevents platelet clumping in blood vessels, and regulates blood pressure. This therapy enhances blood circulation to deliver vital nutrients and oxygen throughout the body.
- Promotes Better Sleep: Exposure to blue light at your normal bedtime can impact your body’s natural circadian rhythm, which works to regulate hormone levels, appetite, and metabolism. However, scientific evidence shows that infrared therapy helps the body naturally produce more melatonin, and participants in studies have even reported better quality sleep for an increased amount of hours.
- Reduces Stress: Researchers in a study testing the effects of Infrared light on Type 2 diabetic patients also saw a reduction in their cortisol levels, suggesting that this light therapy has benefits in regulating the body’s sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight system of the autonomic nervous system), which can help combat everyday stress. It also holds many benefits for those with anxiety and/or panic disorders in promoting relaxation.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Infrared light therapy helps to stimulate the dermal papilla cells, which play a big role in the regulation of hair cycling and growth. Along with this, Infrared therapy delivers safe, concentrated wavelengths of natural light to your skin. These infrared wavelengths of light stimulate the mitochondria in your cells similar to natural sunlight, reducing oxidative stress, increasing circulation, and providing more energy for hair follicles to grow at an increased rate.
If you are looking to purchase an Infrared Therapy device, here’s a starter product by the company Joovv: