Samir Becic and his Health Fitness Revolution team has done some research for your benefit and picked 10 of the healthiest vegetables to include into your diet:
- Sweet Potatoes: Unlike regular potatoes, these are often referred to as an “anti-diabetic” vegetable. Sweet potatoes actually stabilize blood sugar level and lower insulin resistance in addition to being packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mushrooms: Though technically a fungus, they deserve a spot on the list because they are packed with protein, fiber, vitamin C, B vitamins, calcium, antioxidants and minerals. Mushrooms also offer medicinal properties that reduce inflammation, lower your risk of cancer, boost immune function and support detoxification.
- Avocados: Rich in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that lowers your bad “LDL” cholesterol, raises your good “HDL” cholesterol and offers protection against breast cancer.
- Spinach: Contains at least 13 different flavonoid compounds that have both antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Also high in B-Complex Vitamins, crucial in producing serotonin, a mood-boosting chemical.
- Broccoli: Contain components that help regulate a system of cancer-fighting enzymes in your body, while helping to stop the growth of cancer cells. Also contains sulforaphane, which boosts your liver’s ability to detoxify.
- Tomatoes: Contain Lycopene which helps protect against certain types of cancer. Cooked tomatoes contain even more lycopene than fresh ones.
- Eggplants: Loaded with vitamins and minerals, eggplants help protect against cancer, aid weight loss because of high amount of fiber, and helps improve skin tone.
- Artichokes: Packed with potassium, vitamin C, folate and magnesium. These are low in calories and full of nutrition.
- Bok Choy: Known as chinese cabbage, these green leaves are high in potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C.
- Brussel Sprouts: For a green vegetable, they are uncommonly high in protein and are an excellent source of vitamins C and K.
Read more of our Top 10 Articles