Somewhere between the cheap earphones that fall out of your ears, your once invigorating but now stale and watered-down enough to lull you to sleep workout playlist and the consistently 128 beats per minute of summer house music blaring at the gym, you find yourself in the need of new music to listen to. Something refreshing, invigorating, something that’ll get you in the right mood to pump those muscles and get your heart near bursting.
HFR compiled a list of 10 workout songs you need to add to your rotation for an extra boost in your workout.
- Beyoncé, “7/11” – Beyoncé can get anyone in the mood to get moving! 7/11 is a great song to dance, run, spin or lift to! It has a very versatile yet simple beat that doesn’t slow down for even a second. Just make sure you put the weights down before trying to move your legs side to side and smack it in the air!
- Ellie Goulding, “Burn” – No better song to squat to than Ellie Goulding’s “Burn.” Something about when that chorus that just makes you want to push yourself even harder and though Goulding’s voice is calm and crisp, you can feel underneath that is an explosive burst of energy just waiting to get out!
- Kendrick Lamar, “i” – One of Kendrick Lamar’s more fun tunes, this jam is definitely a mood booster. The motivational chorus may be just what you need to hear while bettering yourself during your workout! Just hear Kendrick rooting you on in the background – go your own pace as long as you’re doing the best you.
- Britney Spears, “Work B*tch” – You want a hot body? Lean muscles? Big muscles? Decrease the symptoms of a chronic illness? You better work! No one says it better than the the queen of pop Britney Spears. This song will give you that extra motivation you need to get that hot body you know you deserve!
- Drake, “Started From the Bottom” – We all have to start somewhere. Even megastar Drake had and you most definitely have as well. You may have a body goal you have set for yourself and haven’t quite reached it yet and it may seem disappointing at first, but put this jam on and remember Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep pushing and always look back at the achievements you have made so far!
- Kanye West, “Harder” – Kanye does it right with the hip hop twist to Daft Punk’s “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”. It’s a great tune to get better, faster, and stronger to, to! Sympathize with Kanye’s plight in this song by pushing forward, and you might even just adopt Kanye’s flawless attitude of himself as long as you know you’re going hard.
- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars, “Uptown Funk” – Who doesn’t love this funky song?! Mark Ronson’s beats classy but upbeat, well, beats paired with Bruno Mars smooth voice sure hits that spot to just get up and move! It’s fun and great song to add to your running playlist and even better if you’re jamming to it during a group workout.
- Paramore, “Now” – You need some Paramore in your mix. Now is a great song to seize the moment to! To run, to lift, to see those gains. You know no one will take those gains from you now, not with this ambitious song playing.
- Taylor Swift, “Bad Blood” – If you have come to the gym to blow off some steam this is the jam for you. Has you enemy finally gone to far? Listening to this song while lifting weight is guaranteed to make you re direct that energy into the weights.
- Drowning Pool, “Bodies” – It’s only fitting that bad blood leads to bodies on the floor, right? That said, this is the most intense song on the list. If you’re in the mood to absolutely destroy the gym and wreck any and all your goals, this is the song for you! You would just about demolish anything with this screaming song drumming through your ears