Over 90% of the population has been affected by a headache and 78% of people suffer from chronic head pain. We are always looking for natural remedies and techniques for life’s common ailments, so Health Fitness Revolution is bringing you the best natural ways to cure the common headache:
- Include Physical Activity into your Daily Routine: As always, being physically active curbs many ailments. A daily walk and moderate physical activity can keep headaches at bay.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Dehydration is a common cause of headaches, especially if you’re hungover or recently vomited. Drink 3 large glasses of water when you feel the onset of pain, and keep sipping all day- the pain will gradually ease up.
- Listen to Some Binaural Beats: Binaural beats are supposed to cause the release of endorphins in your brain, which is the body’s natural pain reliever.
- Try Aromatherapy: Peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, basil, and sandalwood are the recommended oils. Put a few drops on a napkin and enjoy the smell!
- Use Acupressure: Chinese medicine has been using this method for thousands of years. To practice this method, firmly massage the acupressure point on each hand where the thumb and index finger bones meet (the second metacarpal bone). If you can have someone do this on both hands simultaneously it works best. If not, then do 5 minutes on one hand and then switch.
- Have Sex: Sex increases blood flow, reduces stress, and reduces blood pressure throughout the body and brain. A love session releases the hormone oxytocin, which triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killer.
- Massage your temples, scalp, earlobes, and neck: Light massage, such as drawing circles on your temples can distract you from the pain, as well as improving circulation and relieving tension.
- Natural Herbs: Feverfew is effective at preventing migraines, but not stopping them once they’ve begun. The plant’s active ingredient, parthenolide, inhibits the chemicals in the brain that cause the blood vessels to dilate. Also, Butterbur extract has been used medicinally since the middle ages and can be taken daily as a preventative to reduce the number and severity of attacks.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals: This will keep your blood sugar levels even, preventing headaches.