Meal planning is the best way to eat nutritious, healthy meals. Being prepared and knowing options are a good way to start, and there are a lot of healthy recipes available online. Keep reading below to find HFR’s examples of a healthy meal plan to put on your menu:
Try and plan your breakfast the night before so you’re not stressed in the morning, have your blender, pans and bowls ready to go!
- A serving of oatmeal with a teaspoon of almonds and ½ cup of fresh berries
- A smoothie with blended fruits, non-fat yogurt and a scoop of whey/soy protein
- 2-3 egg omelette with mixed veggies and one slice of whole grain toast
It is also good to think ahead to what you want to eat for lunch so that you don’t make bad impulse food decisions at work. You can cook your meal the day before and pack it for lunch!
- Salad with grilled chicken or tuna. For dressing, always choose a little bit of olive oil with lemon or balsamic vinegar. Stay away from creamy, pre-packaged dressing!
- Grilled chicken or fish with steamed or grilled veggies and 1 cup quinoa
- Whole wheat tortilla wrap with chicken or tofu and mixed vegetables
Try to eat your dinner as early in the evening as you can, before 7 p.m. At least 3-4 hours before you go to bed, so your body can digest and process the nutrients.
- A cup of vegetable soup with a side salad
- Fresh fish with sautéed spinach or kale
- Mixed vegetable salad. Include snow peas, carrots, zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms etc.