There are so many ways to get in shape, stay active, and be fit – spinning class being a great alternative if your joints ache or you don’t like the monotony of running alone. Here are a few reasons why Health Fitness Revolution loves spin class:
- Anyone Can Do It: It is considered a low-impact exercise because it doesn’t put pressure on your joints the way aerobics, running and other high-impact programs can. You are in control of how fast you go and how much resistance you use. This means that you can truly tailor a spinning workout to your body and its limits.
- Relieve Stress: All forms of exercise relieve stress, but spinning is even more effective at doing so. Because spinning is a high-intensity cardiovascular workout, with music, social, and an instructor pushing you, it’s very good for leaving all your worries at the door.
- Burn a lot of Calories: Even with just a moderate amount of effort, you can burn around 700-800 calories and those who are working their buns off burn close to 1,000 in a 45-minute class.
- Great Cardiovascular Endurance Workout: Regular cardiovascular exercise keeps your body healthy by improving heart health and reducing your risk for certain diseases, such as diabetes and certain cancers. And because you have an instructor pushing you throughout the session, along with comrades spinning by your side, you’re guaranteed to push your cardio limits and up your endurance levels!
- Low – Impact Exercise: It’s so much easier on the joints than running that it’s recommended for those suffering from arthritis and other joint ailments.
- Build your Muscle Tone: This type of workout will focus on the core muscles, as well as the buttocks and thighs. You can increase and decrease the tension of the bike; this is similar to riding up and down a hill. While you pedal, you will work your thighs and calves. Your instructor will keep you from getting bored and keep your muscles toning at different intervals!
- Get in the Zone: spinning full of exciting group energy that keeps everyone working their hardest. There’s nothing more fun than spinning with a room full of people who are just as pumped up as you are – and before you know it, you’ll be in the zone!