Health Fitness Revolution always promotes being active, whatever your preference. However, we understand that variety and options are the best ways to prevent you from boredom, biking is a great way to break up the monotony of running/jogging while still getting a great workout outdoors.
Not only can biking be fun, but it is associated with many health benefits:
- Good for your Muscles and Joints: Cycling is great for toning your body, especially the lower half: your calves, thighs, and glutes. Also, because it is a low-impact activity, those with joint issues can cycle without risk of further injury.
- Good for your Heart: Cycling ramps up your cardiovascular endurance, which is associated with the prevention of heart disease. Cardiovascular activity circulates oxygenated blood throughout your body, which is good for your muscles, your skin, and your overall health.
- Good for your Mental Health: Cycling, like other forms of exercise, aids in curbing depression and stabilizing your mood. Physical activity stimulates the release of endorphins and dopamine, which promotes feelings of euphoria during and after activity.
- Good for Coordination: Steering with both hands while moving both feet around in circles with your body weight is good for improvement of hand-eye coordination as well as full body coordination.
- Boost your Immune System: Being active boosts your immune system and can protect you from certain types of cancer.
So Ride On!