We all need to start somewhere. The question is, what are the safest exercises we can start without injuring ourselves?
Samir Becic and Health Fitness Revolution organized a list of the best exercises for any novice wanted to get fitter and healthier:
- Walking: Try walking 15-30 mins depending on your available time frame 5 times a week.
- Biking: Even though biking is a more strenuous exercise than walking, it is still a great novice workout. Try 15-30 mins 5 times a week.
- Swimming: Great exercise because it is low impact on joints and you use all your muscles at once. Try 20-30 mins 3 times a week.
- Hiking: We know that hiking is not easy to do daily (depending on where you live) but it is a great sport and our recommendation is to do it whenever you get a chance.
- Jogging: Once you feel comfortable, you can add intervals of jogging into your walks. Start with adding 1-2 minutes of jogging every 5 mins, 3 times a week.
- Beginner Yoga: Most studios offer a beginner’s class, and it’s a great way to stretch out and strengthen your core. Aim for 3 times a week.
- Beginner Pilates: Pilates focuses mainly on core and involves more strength training than yoga. Once you feel comfortable with yoga, add Pilates to your routine 2 times a week.
- Beginner Circuit Training: Low impact strength training with active resting, flexibility, mobility, full range of motion. 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes.
- Low impact Kick-Boxing for Beginners: Great way to train your body with coordination and mobility. This impacts your entire body and is a great cardio workout. 2 times a week.
- Meditation: Every beginner needs to take some time out and relax, focus, and enjoy life. Try to meditate daily for 5-10 mins.
Mix and match these workouts based on your schedule and your preferences!