On this day, 243 years ago, the United States of America claimed its independence. After generations of hard work and growth, today we celebrate everything that it has become. Whether you’re popping fireworks, grilling, or just spending time with family, remember the people of the past who gave their lives to make the United States a better place, and look forward to our country’s evolution in the future.
In addition to our celebration of Independence Day, we also celebrate a man who is making a change for the health and fitness status of America and tackling the obesity epidemic. Today, we celebrate Houston’s very own Fitness Czar and 4 x #1 fitness trainer in America, Samir Becic. Samir Becic is the founder of Health Fitness Revolution and the author of the 2017 best-selling book Resync Your Life. Being the optimistic outgoing leader and fitness expert he is, we wish him all the best!
To celebrate Samir’s birthday, let’s take a trip down memory lane and honor his accomplishments in the last 365 days.
- On the first of November last year, Samir was named the official “Fitness Czar” of Houston. Since then he has attended many City of Houston health and fitness events in support of improving Houston’s health.
- Celebrated “Complete Communities” with Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner
- His “ReSYNC Your Life” seminars for corporations continually promote healthy lifestyles in the corporate world
- He endorsed San Antonio’s Mayor Ron Nirenberg who won his re-election
- Worked closely with and supported UNICEF’s excellent health programs as well as the creation of new programs
- Attended Play Ball Summer Day at Diez Park
- At iWi life and Cigna’s City of Houston, Samir signed copies of his book “ReSync Your Life”
- Earlier this year Samir was honored by the City of Sarajevo in Berlin Herzegovina for his work in Houston
- Discussed Houston health with HPD Chief Art Acevedo
- Was featured on “This Podcast Burns Fat” with Dr. Lori Schemek
- He completed the “28 lbs in 28 Days” challenge by the end of last year
These are just a few of his accomplishments, Samir has done so much for the Houston community and community leaders. As the ambitious founder of Health Fitness Revolution, Samir works so hard to better our city year ’round, so today, the Health Fitness Revolution team wishes him a truly happy birthday this Independence Day!