These days, more and more people are saying that they want to be healthy rather than just being tone or in shape. But being healthy and changing your habits and lifestyle can often be difficult. It’s almost a shock to realize that it takes much more than working out to be healthy. Here are some simple steps to start the change in your health for the better. You don’t have to wait until the New Year to make a change; start today!
1. Work with a health care provider. Your physician or health care professional can help you set goals and focus on specific things that you need to work on. Make sure to stay connected.
2. Create a simple protocol. This goes hand in hand with working with a health care provider. Create a simple plan with them. The more complicated the plan, the less likely you will complete it. Aim for realistic goals.
3. Plan ahead. Plan ahead to get your workout in or plan ahead to cook a healthy meal. Not planning ahead will most likely lead to failure, and we don’t want that. Take time to think about the steps you need to take to achieve your goals.
4. Create accountability. You need to take accountability for your actions. If it’s hard for you to do so on your own, find someone who will hold you accountable.
5. Make it enjoyable. Don’t think of it as a chore. What you make of it will affect whether you enjoy it or not. So make the most of it and make it enjoyable for yourself!
6. Be holistically mindful. Anything in our lives that requires change also needs you to be open and accepting of the change. If you refuse to change the things necessary for you to achieve a healthier life, then it won’t work. You need to be open and accepting of the change.
Information gathered from Huffington Post.